Company: Latitude Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to help drive our
businesses forward. The Data Science team represents a niche
division of our Analytics department tasked with solving our most
complex quantitative, statistical, and data-oriented problems. This
role will use a powerful blend of business acumen, analytics,
mathematics, programming, and modeling to provide strategic
recommendations, insights, and products across a diverse set of
business areas and industries. This is supporting the NSF and
requires the ability to obtain a public trust. JOB
- Conduct advanced analyses and statistical deep-dives, with a
focus on producing actionable recommendations and strategic
guidance for decision makers.
- Develop and deploy custom models and algorithms using Python
data and machine learning libraries.
- Mine, clean, process, transform and join data from a variety of
sources including SQL servers, AWS environments, Azure, SnowFlake,
SalesForce, internal systems, and flat files.
- Identify, wrangle, scrape, and assemble new data sources from
the web, data aggregators, and public sources.
- Build rich, interactive dashboards and visualizations from the
ground up using PowerBI.
- Compile and present key findings and reports to all levels of
the organization, including senior leadership.
- Continuously seek out opportunities to add value through
process automation and programmatic solutions to manual tasks.
- Be a subject matter expert within the data science field.
Continuously learn, grow, and explore new emerging
- Be a mentor, role-model, and resource for junior analysts and
- Be an exceptional problem solver, idea machine, and source of
creative solutions. Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required
- 3+ years of prior data science work experience required
- Exceptional ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Mastery in SQL and Python. Heavy experience working with
database and ETL tools.
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and validating
machine-learning predictive models within a business
- Experience structuring data for rapid insights, analysis,
reporting, and dashboards
- Competency navigating and working within the AWS cloud
- Competency using BI and data visualization tools (Microsoft
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts and methods.
- Competency in the MS Office Suite.
- Highly accountable and inquisitive, able to manage multiple
tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment. Self-motivated.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for
coordinating across teams. Polished presentation skills.
Keywords: Latitude Inc., Alexandria , Data Scientist, Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!