Process Improvement Lead (RASC102)
Company: Research Innovations Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big,
slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally
changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software
for all levels of the government and military. Using agile
development practices and user-centered design, we create
innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems. We
are looking for a committed Process Improvement Lead to join our
Operations team. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense
and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of
critical, real-time information about issues from global to local.
Get s#it done. This position requires the ability to obtain a US
security clearance. A current active clearance is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Determining prioritized list of process improvements to pursue
across the organization, focusing resources, implementing
improvements, and monitoring/measuring the effectiveness of the
- Ensuring metrics are in place so the organization can monitor
and measure improvements and determine when to course correct if
changes are not producing desired efficiencies.
- Driving improvements to the technical planning of engineering
activities to ensure organization is focused on the most important
tasks and available resources are properly apportioned to those
- Overseeing process improvement across all engineering
disciplines including System Engineering, SW Development, QA,
DevSecOps, and ProdOps.
- Improving Program Management and execution processes to ensure
programs are properly planned, progress measured (EVMS), and
customer commitments are met on time and on schedule.
- Improving program risk management processes so issues are
identified and mitigated before becoming significant problems.
- Driving standardization of the use of processes across the
- Improving Agile practice adoption working with Release Train
Engineers and Agile coaches
- Working with the Program Operations Director and Engineering
Director to drive continuous process improvement throughout the
organization and providing quantified results to the RII leadership
- Leading engineering organizational transformation to
strategically enable the organization to scale in support of
overall RII business growth.
- Establishing an organizational culture that drives continuous
integration, delivery, automated testing, rapid hot fixes as
needed, and a reduction in number of hotfixes over time in
production systems while minimizing risk.
- Help develop longer-term vision for the organization from a
process improvement perspective, but also be willing to solve near
term pain points, call it a win, and move on to the next most
- Continuously communicating process improvement priorities
across the organization
- Engaging multiple functions within the organization to
understand current challenges and collaboratively develop process
improvements that make a real difference.
- Communicating and following-through on recommended changes to
ensure real transformation is occurring. WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Implemented process improvements in organizations that deliver
software intensive systems on Fixed Priced government contracts,
while maintaining commercial software development best
- Created metrics-based modeling to improve operational
performance of the organization
- Established processes to improve fidelity and repeatability of
costing and estimating new work based on past actual performance of
- Experienced with Agile Methodologies, Lean Six Sigma, EVMS best
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Experienced with metrics definition and collection within Jira
- Program Management or Engineering leadership experience
- SAFe or Agile certifications
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and processes At RII, we believe
that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We
strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not
just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us
stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity
thrive. It's one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly. We
also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible
work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with
a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs
and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for
by RII. --It's all part of another of our core values: Stay human.
It's why our comfortable and colorful offices include a community
game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other
amenities. It's why we have a community manager and regular
community events. It's also why, during the current pandemic, most
of us aren't actually in our lovely office. We're all working fully
remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have
to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare
system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the
impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics,
disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Keywords: Research Innovations Inc, Alexandria , Process Improvement Lead (RASC102), Other , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!