Do you have 10+ years of experience in development, with a focus
on digital marketing and major gifts?
We are currently in search of a Chief Development Officer for a
Poverty Relief Organization . The position is based in Alexandria,
VA . This is a Permanent, Full Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE : Poverty Relief Organization
POSITION TITLE : Chief Development Officer
DURATION : Permanent, Full Time
SALARY: $110,000 – $120,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the CEO, part of the
C-suite, and managing a team 9, this position is responsible for
creating and executing a fundraising strategy, with a focus on
digital marketing and major gifts. The candidate will work with the
fundraising team to expand revenue in all areas including
individual giving, community groups, digital marketing and grant
application. They will also oversee communications activities and
prepare progress reports. The candidate will be collaborative,
ambitious, and someone that thrives in a fast-paced and growing
environment. This individual will be a servant leader and mentor
that is eager to be an integral part of a dynamic and growing team
that is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 10+ years of progressive experience in development and
creating strategy, including 5 years of supervisory experience
· Graduate Degree preferred, CFRE is a big plus
· Strong background in digital marketing and fundraising, online
platforms and tech savvy
· Demonstrated success of growth in raising funds from
individuals in major gifts, experience in upgrading donors
· Looking to make an impact at an organization and build out a
· Understanding of the American Muslim community is ideal
· Servant leader that is organized, collaborative, and hands
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Develop and implement effective strategies for fundraising,
communications and volunteer management
· Manage a development team and their execution of work plans
and strategy, be a mentor to the team
· Be responsible for all revenue and providing excellent
customer service to donors at all levels
· Develop and build out the major gifts program as well as the
grant application process
· Oversee communication activities including social media,
newsletters and marketing materials
· Prepare progress and activity reports for CEO and Board of
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make
that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“ Chief Development Officer ” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us
their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other
available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer.
Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we
regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the
requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are
generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that
we retain all candidate information for possible future matches,
even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in
response to this ad.
Login Below to Apply You need to be logged in (and registered as
a Candidate) to apply. Careers In Nonprofits: Connecting the Best
People with the Best Causes Facebook Linkedin Twitter