Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Leidos is seeking a Senior Paralegal to work on high
profile cases in support of the Civil Rights Division of the
Department of Justice in Washington, DC. The Senior Paralegal will
work with Civil Rights Section Chiefs, lead attorneys, and opposing
counsel. You will attend dispositions, meet with attorney teams on
settlement agreements, work DOJ experts, and review contracts.The
Senior Paralegal is the key to the success of the case, often being
more involved than the case attorney team!You will work in a
fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team
that encourages your career development and growth. In this role,
you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task
management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to
communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as
solve complex problems using available tools, including Relativity,
Case Map, Text Map, and TrialDirector. Primary
- Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal.
- Performs moderately complex legal research; synopsizes
transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use.
- Reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies
potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further
- Writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and
- Contact with other Contractor staff, and with trial staff.
Please Note: This is an on-site position with some telework
allowed. Additionally, travel is required approximately 10% of the
time within the US to support trials. Basic Qualifications:
- Requires paralegal certificate.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required;
trial experience very extremely helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court
system, legal research procedures, and legal research
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and
thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer
applications, including word processing, databases (such as
document review and file management systems), spreadsheets,
imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and
knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.This position is covered
under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage
requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit.
Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages
and benefits. The pay for this position will be $28.90/hr.In 2023,
Leidos was ranked as one of the " World's Most Ethical Companies "
by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year. We were
also ranked on the Forbes' list of Best Employers for Veterans and
on Careers & The Disabled Magazine's list of Top 50 Employers for
the Disabled! Pay Range: Pay Range The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Senior Paralegal, Legal , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!