Radiologic Technical Lead Alexandria, VA, United States Posted on 04/13/2023 Be the First to Apply
Company: Inova Medical Group
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Tuition reimbursement - -
- Student loan assistance - up to $10,000! -
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities -
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child -
- Retirement benefits with match from day one -
The Radiologic Technical Lead provides clinical services according
to imaging practice standards and acts as a resource to
technologists and radiologic technology students to ensure optimal
department functions. Administers sound patient care practices
according to hospital and department policies and procedures, to
ensure the safety of the patients. Demonstrates radiation
protection/safety for patients, staff, and self as outlined in
department protocols and regulatory guidelines to ensure the safety
of the patients and staff. Maintains equipment, exam rooms and work
areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the
patients and staff. Assists in the management of overall operations
of the section to ensure quality patient care and customer
satisfaction. Demonstrates the initiative to stay abreast of
current technology and shows evidence of professional growth.
Develops and assists in continuous performance improvement within
the department in order to maintain optimal quality patient care.
Demonstrates leadership and independent judgment necessary lo
support an effective work environment. Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of radiologic principles,
theory, anatomy and pathology processes by utilizing the most
appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal
- Adheres to department policies and protocols by ensuring all
examinations are optimized for interpretation.
- Confidently operates radiological equipment in all care
settings (i.e. fluoroscopy, trauma, Emergency department and the
- Demonstrates the ability and skills to assist in teaching
radiography students sound radiography principles.
- Administers sound patient care practices according to
hospital/department policies and procedures to ensure the safety of
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical
history and informed consent from patients' and/or patients' charts
to assist physicians in optimizing the performance and
interpretation of examinations.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers any
questions to ease anxiety and assure patient cooperation.
- Assists physicians in performing a variety of examinations by
using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent
problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action
to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff
and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory
guidelines to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Demonstrates patient safety in department through the use of
side rails, braking mechanisms and patient monitoring.
- Reports, documents and corrects any adverse, unsafe or unusual
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection
procedures with collimation devices and protective
- Assists in the development, review and implementation of
policies and procedures as evidenced by compliance.
- Ask your Recruiter for the full job description!
- Work schedule: Evenings, 2p - 10:30p
- Location: Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Education: -Graduate of an accredited radiology school or
program. Associates Degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Two years of Diagnostic X-Ray experience in a
hospital/healthcare environment as a Radiologic
- Certification: -BLS; CPR; Must be certified by ARRT as a
Keywords: Inova Medical Group, Alexandria , Radiologic Technical Lead Alexandria, VA, United States Posted on 04/13/2023 Be the First to Apply, IT / Software / Systems , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...