Company: Scientific Research
Posted on: March 19, 2023
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to configure and manage products from various manufacturers to include Watchguard, Netgear, Arista and other major vendors
* Maintain Networking Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices and policies
* Use automated methods to deploy and maintain switches and firewalls
* Maintain firewall appliances and firewall rules
* Plan, Implement, and support changes to network including cable infrastructure, network monitoring software, firmware and hardware.
* Evaluate and test network equipment
* Maintain network systems and equipment
* Install and service terminals, cables, network components
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
It is expected that this position would move to Huntsville, Alabama, some time in 2024-2025
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and four (4) years' of experience in monitoring, managing and administering internet protocol (IP) networks in a production environment or, in lieu of education, eight (8) years' of experience
* A relevant industry certification, such as COMPTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), etc.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Maintain Network devices QoS policies
* Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions
* Analyze network and network equipment performance
* Integrate Network device and SMB protocols with Software Defined Storage technologies such as but not limited to RDMA
* Experience with Cloud technologies and interconnecting existing systems into the cloud
* Monitor network and other communication equipment
* Provide training to peers and users
* Develop, implement and test changes to communication networks
* Resolve interoperability problems within and between networks
* Analyze traffic information and provide analysis to justify network optimization and reconfiguration
* Provide technical assistance, training and system documentation for users
* Experience configuring and maintaining Taclane devices
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE TOP SECRET LEVEL
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SRC does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations for its employees. Pending the outcome of various court proceedings and resultant government action, SRC and all other Federal Contractor employees may be required, at some point in the future, to be fully vaccinated subject to accommodations for valid medical or religious reasons. Please visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ to read more about the Federal Government's current position on COVID-19 vaccines for Federal Contractor employees.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Keywords: Scientific Research, Alexandria , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Quantico, Virginia
here to apply!