Software Test Engineer
Company: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6
Location: Port Royal
Posted on: June 26, 2022
SimVentions is looking for a Software Test Engineer with a deep
understanding of methods to identify broken processes and
shortcomings within software-based platforms. The test engineer
will be expected to interact with the platform regularly in order
to develop tests using automated testing systems (such as TestCafe
Studio). The test engineer will operate as part of a Scrum team and
will be expected to troubleshoot identified issues in order to
relay sufficient information about the issues to software
* Developing automated tests using the system's user interface
* Perform maintenance on previously created tests as necessary to
keep up with system changes
* Participate in discussions with test engineers from other Scrum
* Identify elements of the user interface which is unsuitable for
automated testing and propose alternative test methods
* Learn the system under test in order to develop a "user
perspective" and ensure all necessary components or workflows are
* Must be able to provide on-site test support at NSWC Dahlgren
* Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce
guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities,
all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or
have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Required Skills & Experience:
* 5+ years developing and performing tests for DoD systems
* Demonstrated ability to learn and use new test platforms or
* Demonstrated ability to adapt testing processes
* Demonstrated ability to diagnose test failures and relay relevant
information to system developers
* Demonstrable knowledge of various types and roles of system
testing (Verification & Validation [V&V], unit testing,
end-to-end testing, vulnerability testing, UI/UX, etc.)
* Experience with automated testing platforms
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Experience with Agile Development Methodologies (SAFe, Scrum,
* Experience with TestCaf-- Studio
* Knowledge of Mission Assurance or Command and Control (C2)
Education: BS in a technical discipline is desired (but not
Minimum Clearance: Active Secret
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with
other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It's also
a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our
employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take
pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions
to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the
expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will
allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company
is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage
that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our
team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge
technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on,
you will be having a direct impact on our customer's success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don't just hire the smartest people. We hire
experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what
they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided
challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
* Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our
* Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding
* Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR
* Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we
* Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
* Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and
* Food: we have a lot of food around here.
* Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of
* Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
* Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training
opportunities to grow in your field.
* Open communication: work in an environment where your voice
* Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company
sports teams and workout groups.
* Professional development: employee-led interest groups for
personal and professional development plus great training
* What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
* Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
* Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
* Regular communication ("All-Hands", "SimV Share", "Imagineering
Day") to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is
happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good
* SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
* Employee led interest groups for personal and professional
* What you bring to the table---
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor --- 4.6, Alexandria , Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Port Royal, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!