Info. Systems & Cyber Security, Analyst (Information System Security Engineer)
Company: The MIL Corporation
Location: Lexington Park
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Clearance Required:SecretEducation Required:BA/BSUS
Citizenship:RequiredThe MIL Corporation is now hiring!Let your
imagination take flight supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center
Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). Looking to find work that stimulates
your mind, challenges your skills, and satisfies your curiosity?
MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the
areas of Cyber, C5ISR, and Information Technology
systems.SummaryThe MIL Corporation is seeking an Information
Systems & Cyber Security, Analyst, who will serve as an Information
System Security Engineer (ISSE) to support a Federal Government
client at our St. Inigoes, MD location. This position may be
eligible for some remote work depending on contract/client and
hiring manager approval.The ISSE will apply systems RMF principles
and knowledge of Information Technology (IT) systems to
investigate, analyze, plan, implement, assess, and validate Cyber
Security for information processing systems.Key Duties
- Perform security analysis of applications, systems, and
enclaves for compliance with security requirements.
- Use a variety of security techniques, technologies, and tools
to evaluate security posture in highly complex computer systems and
- Configure systems to meet cybersecurity and network
- Gather and organize technical information about an
organization's mission goals and needs as well as makes
recommendations to improve existing security posture.
- Assemble required documentation as outlined by the ISSM/ISSO
for RMF packages.
- Tailor security controls from NIST SP 800-53 rev 4 for the
- Version control for STIG and security tools
- Assess security controls, Implement Security Technical
Implementation Guides (STIGs), Run security tool Assured Compliance
Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans in accordance with the RMF
- Apply updates, patches and STIGs to Windows workstations,
servers, and other network equipment.
- Create system authorization boundary diagrams encompassing
traceability back to Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Ports,
Protocols and Services (PPS) lists.
- Prepare for and conduct technical briefings at meetings with
internal and external representatives.
- Interact frequently with internal personnel and outside
representatives at various levels.
- Coordinate with field activities, obtaining statuses and
providing RMF guidanceRequired Qualifications
- Security +, or higher level of DoD 8570 Certification.
- 3 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or
equivalent (see below); 2 years of related experience with a
- Demonstrate understanding of IT & OT Protocols such as IP/TCP,
SSL/TL and Network Interfaces.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct experience with IT systems
information assurance technical activities, five (5)
- Training or experience in STIG viewer, checklist files and ACAS
- Experience with various information technologies, e.g.,
Windows, Cisco and Linux basics
- Solid working knowledge of system engineering and system
- Knowledge of sensor systems, communication systems, LAN/WAN
network architecture, network topology and protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with customer expectation of rapid turnaround
- Ability to communicate effectively in challenging communication
and customer interactions
- Some travel may be required.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of
COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccinationDesired
- Top Secret clearance
- RMF experience
- Certifications or experience in related information processing
or network system technologies.EducationBachelor's Degree, from an
accredited college or university, in Information Technology, Cyber
Security, Computer Science, or related discipline. Six (6) years of
work experience related to the position, or an Associate's Degree
plus four (4) years of additional work experience related to the
position, may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.ClearanceAll
applicants for this position must possess a Secret Clearance;
please note that the clearance process takes into account financial
background aspectsWhy MIL?
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver
world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management,
and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like
you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well
into your professional services career, MIL has great job
opportunities that might be right for you.Here at The MIL
Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment
instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it
truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our
most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington
Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine,
Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and
Reserve (ESGR), Department of DefenseIf your goal is to help the
federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial
management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation
welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the
people, make the difference.The MIL Corporation is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: The MIL Corporation, Alexandria , Info. Systems & Cyber Security, Analyst (Information System Security Engineer), IT / Software / Systems , Lexington Park, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!