Dean, School of Computer Science + Information Technology
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Careers - Stratford University - Dean, School of Computer
Science + Information Technology in Alexandria, Virginia - Careers
at Alexandria Campus Skip Branding Skip to main content
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Quick Links
- About Us
- Discover You
- Campus Locations Careers You are here Home -- Careers Call Us
Call us for more information:
- Alexandria, VA (Eisenhower Ave): 800-444-0804
- Baltimore, MD (Inner Harbor): 800-624-9926
- Falls Church, VA (Tysons Corner): 800-444-0804
- Newport News, VA (Oyster Point): 855-873-4235
- Richmond, VA (Glen Allen): 877-373-5173
- Virginia Beach, VA (S. Independence Blvd): 866-528-8363
- Woodbridge, VA (Potomac Mills): 800-444-0804 Latest from
Curious Posted By:
BusinessVibes Of Business2Community Smart entrepreneurs always have
money-saving plans for their start-ups. If your business is
struggling in the climate of turbulence, why not try some of ...
Disclosure statements available at www.stratford.edu/disclosure
Tech Talk by Dr. Richard Shurtz Latest on Instagram -- Copyright
2015 by Stratford University. All Rights Reserved. Read Our Privacy
Policy Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Dean,
School of Computer Science + Information Technology Posted Date 7
months ago (4/6/2021 6:02 PM) Job ID 2021-4238 City Alexandria
State/Province Virginia Country United States
Passion---Inspiration---Innovation---Do you live by those? If yes,
read on... Dean, School of CSIT
Passion---Inspiration---Innovation---Do you live by those?
If yes, read on--- At Stratford University employees take enormous
pride in their work and the work of the University. Stratford is
not just your next job -- it is a career where employees find their
true calling and feel tremendous joy in making a difference in the
lives of others.--Every employee is empowered and encouraged to
contribute innovative ideas to enhance the student experience and
learning outcomes. This is made evident by our motto, "Changing
lives, one student at a time." Visit our University blog at
http://www.stratford.edu/blog Overview:-- Dean of CSIT is
accountable to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and/or
designate, and is responsible for the quality and delivery of the
School's academic programs. This Dean will influence the
professional growth and development of faculty and students while
shaping the School's success, growth and future. The Dean will work
with industry leaders to ensure the School's curriculum provides
students with the industry skills that are most important and
valuable. Proactive collaboration across campuses is expected in
order to ensure consistency of program offerings and partnerships
with the different schools. This person is an innovative thinker,
with entrepreneurial drive, and possess interpersonal savvy and
uncompromising commitment to academic excellence, diversity in all
its forms, and interdisciplinary team-work. The Dean will provide
academic leadership, development and the continued improvement of
educational programs focusing on Computer Science and Information
Technology. This position will work in concert with Campus
Presidents, Campus program leadership, and University
Administration in providing leadership and management for the CSIT
Program. In addition, the Dean will assist the Campus Presidents
with the planning, organization and direction of the operation,
staffing and budgeting needs of the School of CSIT in support of
Stratford University's goals. Functions Essential Job Functions:
- Work with University Administration, peer institutions, the
community and prospective students in the critical areas of
recruitment, retention and placement.
- Foster an environment of teamwork, collaboration and
cooperation while creating a shared vision for the School of
- Develop the School of CSIT's vision and goals reflecting the
- Initiate, plan and oversee implementation of all academic
offerings in the School of CSIT with appropriate involvement of
assigned faculty and staff.
- Ensure the University's catalog is accurate, well-written and
current, and assist in the preparation of all relevant University
documents, including class schedules, brochures, with respect to
the School of CSIT.
- Achieve and maintain specialized accreditations, as
appropriate, as well as support institutional accreditation
- Coordinate and direct the assessment, evaluation, review and
implementation of innovative curriculum additions and revisions,
course outlines, syllabi and textbook selection.
- Oversee and verify operational processes and procedures such as
teaching assignments, classroom schedules and class changes.
- Will uphold high ethical standards when conducting business
regarding all students, but especially with special student
populations to include international students and students on
- Champion the internationalization of the University by
facilitating the exchange of students and faculty, and by
strengthening global competencies in all students. Management of
- Provide full supervisory authority over faculty and staff
assigned to the School of CSIT, developing a culture where faculty,
staff and students exhibit professional standards consistent with
- Oversee the hiring of School of CSIT faculty and staff in
accordance with the University hiring process, and the
- Utilize University policy and procedure to resolve faculty and
staff grievances, concerns and problems within the School of CSIT
within the context of the University's Office of Human
- Hire, orient, train, supervise, and if needed discipline
faculty and coordinate, as needed, with assigned faculty and other
University personnel in the School of CSIT.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective motivation strategies for
faculty and staff. Management of Program
- Perform complex assignments to fulfill responsibilities related
to program review, curriculum development, coordination of faculty
teaching schedules, synchronization of class activities across all
campuses, and efficient use of instructional space.
- Develop effective methods and procedures for improving the
quality, image and effectiveness of the CSIT.
- Lead and coordinate the planning, enhancement and development
of the CSIT programs.
- Collaborate with the Innovation Office to develop new and
modify existing programs to promote student learning outcomes and
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new curricula
- Maintain an inventory of current course syllabi and monitor the
development of new and revised syllabi.
- Responsible for the recommendation and development of new
courses, workshops and certificate programs for the School of CSIT
based on enrollment data analysis, market trends and community
assessment. Management of Student Engagement
- Provide leadership in establishing and maintaining processes
and methods for the School of CSIT, programs and student
performance measurements, and assist in the acquisition and
analysis of performance and assessment data.
- Ensure that class schedules and curriculums meet students'
needs, while at the same time being fiscally responsible and
- Support the exploration and innovation of scheduling
improvements, use of learning modalities, delivery methods,
flexible learning schedules, distance learning and classroom
- Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic
metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor
evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Vice
President of Academic Affairs and/or designate, Local Campus Deans,
and University President. Management of Externships
- Build an extensive set of relationships with businesses,
government organizations, colleges, universities, and other
enterprises to significantly grow enrollments as a result of these
- Identify, forge and develop new partnerships for externships
and student placement upon graduation.
- Facilitate the development of industry specific externship
opportunities that matches our undergraduates with alumni and
active employers for short-term job shadowing and mentoring
experiences. Qualifications The Skills:
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability
to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Ability to foster and support innovation and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with and promote diverse
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication
- Be an articulate and enthusiastic communicator.
- Ability to foster an environment that will generate and
maintain a positive moral and develop trust, confidence, and a
positive working environment.
- Ability to motivate faculty to engage in new and current
initiatives and positive academic change.
- Foster an environment of collaboration that meets industry
standards. Required Education and Experience:
- Earned Doctorate in an IT related field (e.g. Information
Systems Management; Software Engineering, Computer Science), and
leadership experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is mandatory.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in collaborative
management and leadership in higher education administration.
- Five or more years of industry, field experience. Preferably in
a DOD, or other Government Contracting role.
- Three or more years of experience as an instructor and/or
administrator in an academic setting.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current
operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must work well with employees at all levels of the University,
in addition to students and other customers.
- Must be able to hand situations with tact, persuasiveness and
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel, both to local campuses and to our
international campuses is required. Organization: Title: Dean,
School of CSIT Supervisor: Vice President, Academic Affairs
Subsequent Supervisor: University President The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified Stratford University is an Equal
Opportunity Employer "Changing Lives---One Student at a Time"
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Alexandria , Dean, School of Computer Science + Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!