Senior Linux System Administrator
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job #: R-00050111
Location: Alexandria, VA
Category: Systems Administration
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Intelligence Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a
Sr. Linux System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT
contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual that is
technical in Unix/Linux security hardening and able to provide
Subject Matter Expert level support to other systems administrators
on configuration best practices. This individual should be detail
oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This
role is responsible for interacting with customers to handle
service inquiries and problems.Duties include examining highly
complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing
appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return,
troubleshoot in Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX/Linux desktop
operating systems (thick or virtualized clients) imaging, desktop
applications, user profiles, and general system problems. This role
analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing
reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely
log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order
to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other
remedial actions.Primary Responsibilities
- Experience with interacting with customers, senior managers,
and customers, to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Develop automation tools by writing/modifying scripts for
deployment, maintenance and system monitoring using Linux shell
scripts, Python, Perl, and other scripting languages.
- Plan, document, review and maintain system administrations
guidelines and policies.
- Resolve Linux system errors and crashes, disk space problems,
huge file system and full disk errors.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Linux network services
such as NFS, NTP, FTP, SSH, DNS, NIS, Sendmail, Apache SMTP.
- Configure LDAP server and LDAP client on Linux machines for
authorization and authentication.
- Build new Linux Virtual Machines and physical server using
templates and ISOs.
- Create new Linux templates and STIG them using DISA
- Manage package install/upgrades using YUM and RPM.
- Experience creating and deploying Ansible playbooks.
- Experience in backend solution, day to day system admin and
monitoring, file system management and disk management and creation
of shell scripts for the automation of tasks and the extraction of
- Hardware and software installations, upgrades, maintenance,
security analysis and network performance and tuning of Linux
servers in a virtual infrastructure.
- Installation and maintenance of RedHat Satellite servers to
push changes to various servers simultaneously.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365
- Support operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback,
resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering
technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Complete Automated patching using RHEL Satellite - install,
configure, manage patches, and upload updateBasic Qualifications
- Experience Installing, configuring, securing, and
troubleshooting CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu Linux Administration
- Extensive automation experience with PowerShell and Shell
Scripting for automating Linux installs
- 10+ years of practical experience administering Linux servers
in a physical and virtual infrastructure Enterprise environment.
RHCSA or RHCSE certification a plus.
- Experience mentoring junior personnel
- Extensive knowledge of DELL (Power Edge), HP (Proliant
servers), Sun-Fire T-series Enterprise Servers
- Extensive knowledge of VERITAS NetBackup, Splunk, Solarwinds,
Ansible, VMWare, RedHat LVM tools.
- Experience with the following languages: Bash, Perl, C, C++,
JAVA, Python, Ansible playbooks.
- Network experience and understanding with the following:
TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, SSH, SFTP, ARP.
- Experience with storage tools such as LVM, SCSI, Ext 3, Ext 4,
XFS, NAS (NFS, SAMBA, RAID 0/1/5) and SAN (iSCSI,
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II
certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security,
GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor's Degree with 8 - 12 years of
prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Dell VXrailDue to the nature of the government contracts we
support, US Citizenship is required.An active TS/SCI with polygraph
is required for this position.Desired Skills
- RHCSA or RHCSE certification a plusISEOExternal Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly
Family:Systems AdministrationPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
email@example.com .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Description Job Description:Why wake up every day...
Join our Talent Community to create a profile, enabling a
streamlined application process and to help our recruiters better
understand your areas of expertise and interest. Contact us about
product information and pricing, customer feedback, stockholder
services, or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Alexandria , Senior Linux System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!