Agile Release Train Engineer
Company: Research Innovations Incorporated
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big,
slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally
changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software
for all levels of the government and military. Using agile
development practices and user-centered design, we create
innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Agile Release Train Engineer to join
our System Engineering team. Solve unique, challenging problems for
our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large
volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global
to local Get s#it done.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance.
A current active clearance is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Continuously communicating agile best-practices across the
- Improving ritual consistency and efficacy within agile teams
and the engineering organization
- Helping agile teams to become self-organizing
- Working with product management to help teams understand
features and goals for each sprint / release
- Improving backlog decomposition and estimation.
- Consolidating, triaging, and making recommendations based on
- Using metrics to implement continuous improvement across the
agile development lifecycle.
- Capture, analyze, and understand agile metrics.
- Improve risk management practices
- Improve blocker remediation practices.
- Improve Jira workflows and custom fields to optimize
- Implement best practices for capturing ritual minutes and
- Build information radiators for development teams to
disseminate information throughout the organization.WHAT YOU HAVE
- Worked closely with multiple agile development teams to refine
the backlog, optimize estimation, and improve work
- Established an agile metrics baseline and have used metrics to
- Experienced with metrics definition and collection within
- Worked directly with both Kanban and Scrum teams.
- Configured and managed Jira workflows, agile boards, and
sprints supporting the agile development process.
- Built information radiators in the Atlassian suite (or
- Used quality assurance metrics to better understand how to
guide quality practices within an agile team in order to build
quality into a product.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills.EVEN
- Experience in a product line architecture.
- Experience working with an engineering service center.
- SAFe or Agile certifications.
- Experience mentoring leadership on agile practicesAt RII, we
believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success.
We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds,
not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes
us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and
creativity thrive. It's one of our core values: Let your geek flag
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including:
flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off,
401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness
programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100%
paid for by RII.
It's all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It's why
our comfortable and colorful offices include a community game room,
pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities.
It's why we have a community manager and regular community
It's also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren't
actually in our lovely office. We're all working fully remote where
possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site.
RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system,
preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on
our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity or expression, national, origin, genetics,
disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Keywords: Research Innovations Incorporated, Alexandria , Agile Release Train Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!