Software Developer (ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE)
Company: Latitude Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Software Developer (ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST AN ACTIVE
SECRET CLEARANCE) Position Description: Software Developer Software
Developer Job Description: Performs system software development
tasks and activities to include:
- Develops C++ and Java software programs for complex military
and space systems.
- Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and
- Isolates system operational performance deficiencies related
software, tests, debugs, and modifies custom software
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability
- Supports software integration activities.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident
attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet
critical delivery schedules.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret
level security clearance. Software Developer Required Tasks:
- Develops custom C++ and Java software code, debugs,
troubleshoots, and resolves software and hardware compatibility and
- Performs software integration in a laboratory environment.
- Follows and executes procedures - installation, recovery,
checkout, test, etc.
- Follows direction of software development team leads. Highly
Desirable Skills for Software Developer:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Basic commands
- Scripting (bash, python, etc)
- Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
- Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
- Strong Debugging skills
- Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etc
- Jconsole, jvisualvm
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role
- NTP and time distribution
- DHCP and IP distribution
- NFS and filesystem distribution
- Basic concepts of branching and merging Additional Requirements
for Software Developer:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent
experience and one to five year's professional experience.
- Willingness to work overtime and off shift when dictated to
support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships
with the team members which fosters team success. Contract Term:
Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week. Start Date: Negotiable Rate:--
Negotiable A proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any
other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. What's your
citizenship / employment eligibility? What's your highest level of
education completed? GPA Desired salary Have you ever been
convicted of a felony? In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what
makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will
catch our eye! 150 References: Please enter names and contact
information: Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: Latitude Inc., Alexandria , Software Developer (ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE), IT / Software / Systems , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!