Membership Recruitment Specialist (Sales) - Manassas Office
Company: Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation's Capital is the largest Girl Scout council in
the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to
learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls
together. We're the preeminent leadership development organization
An Excellent Opportunity
Have you been looking for a role that combines your talents in
sales and relationship-building with a well-known name brand that
makes a difference in the lives of others? If you found yourself
nodding as you were reading, you are in the right place!
We are looking for someone who possesses the drive to win, success
in bringing in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout
movement, and the ability to build lasting relationships in
communities, virtually and in person. We are on a mission to build
girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a
better place. The right candidate won't just be promoting a
program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
What Winning in this Role Looks Like
- Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents,
other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join,
volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
- Developing prospects and leads for conversion to members.
- Leveraging sales development techniques to reach membership
- Making cold contacts daily, through telephone, email, and video
calls, as well as follow up with warm leads.
- Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through
phone calls, emails, video calls, and in-person meetings, including
assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
- Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of
volunteers to serve Girl Scout families.
- Training and being a cheerleader for volunteers on girl and
- Supporting recruitment efforts through girl program, including
day camps and sampler troops (through video conference and in
person).The Skills You Need to Win
- Passionate about girl leadership
- Love for sales and making cold contacts
- Ability to close a sale
- Hunger to achieve goals
- Aptitude to hear the word "no" as an opportunity
- A tenacious and resilient demeanor
- Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving abilities to work
in new and changing environments
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public
presentations (virtually and in person)
- Ability to relate well to both adults and children
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, major social media platforms,
and various video conferencing software; familiarity with
Salesforce, a plus
- Ability to work 1-9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with
occasional 9AM - 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend
- Have access to automobile for daily travel
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very
helpful (but not critical)
- Comfortable and able to converse in Spanish would be useful
(but not a must)
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS,
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2%
- Hybrid work environment: combining flexibility of telework with
in-person human interaction!
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Paid holidays/office closures include: New Year's Day, Martin
Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence
Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
Day, and December 26-31. The Presidential Inauguration Day is also
an observed holiday on January 20th every four years.
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to
make a difference in the lives of girls
Keywords: Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital, Alexandria , Membership Recruitment Specialist (Sales) - Manassas Office, Human Resources , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!