Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary Objective:Create and deliver a variety of personal
training workouts for a wide range of clients. Build a client base,
and recruit new personal training clients under the management of
the Fitness Director and with the Personal Training team.Essential
- Deliver the Ultimate Fitness Experience to every member, every
- Conduct new member orientation pre-exercise biometrics and goal
- Develop personalized fitness programs to meet member goals
established during new member orientation
- Develop and maintain a personal training client base
- Show dedication to the member experience by promoting
cleanliness and member engagementJob Responsibilities:
- Create safe and effective exercise programs
- Execute exercise programs for a wide variety of members
- Keep accurate and detailed records of program progress
- Maintain a minimum of 12 client hours weekly
- Utilize prospecting techniques including special events and
floor hours as defined by the Fitness Director
- Communicate and engage with members during floor hours to
achieve training minimums
- Achieve average 20 percent booking rate per floor hour in Smart
Start or other meaningful personal training entry points for
- Qualify leads using the Exercise Readiness Questionnaire and
- Maintain and record schedule accurately
- Keep current personal schedule and availability on file with
- Plan holiday schedules and personal time in advance so clients
can be referred to substitutes and complete sessions as
- Provide monthly session forecasts in week three of every
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service,
program, and emergency procedures
- Complete all in-house training as assigned
- Work early morning, evening, and weekend hours as
- Assume other duties as assignedRequired Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and
attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and
skillsRequired Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized personal training certification from a US
Fitness accepted provider required
- CPR/AED certification required
- Participate in professional development and continuing
education opportunities in order to maintain national certification
per year and as established with Fitness DirectorPhysical
Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working
Conditions:Physical demands listed here are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul
or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is
important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important
spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with
or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an
activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses,
power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's
reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a
non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service
people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
administrative work).Employee Benefits:All US Fitness team members
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC
ReimbursementAdditional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time OffRelocation: Candidates outside of the specified
area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they
must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not
offered.US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREEO is the
LAWEEO is the LAW SupplementEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Sport&Health, Alexandria , Personal Trainer, Human Resources , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!