Part Time Retail Merchandiser - Alexandria VA 22315
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Part Time Retail Merchandiser
The Retail Merchandiser is a part-time position that performs
service work in the Hallmark department in various retail stores
such as grocery stores, drug stores, department stores and mass
retailers. These positions do not service Hallmark Card Shops.
To view the Retail Merchandiser Career Profile video: Click
This is your opportunity to represent the world's best-known
greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your
community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and
mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of
There are three major components of this PART-TIME position:
1) Day to Day Service:
- Product merchandising: You will handle all aspects of product
merchandising within your assigned stores. You will use a
Hallmark-issued, hand-held mobile device to replenish, straighten
and track inventory of Hallmark products. This could include
products placed inside the Hallmark department or within other
areas of the store.
- Store employee and customer interaction: You must interact in a
professional manner with store employees, store management and
customers while in the store.
- Schedule: Your Territory Supervisor will clarify your specific
schedule. Work is typically scheduled Monday through Friday during
the day and hours will increase during holiday periods.
2) Holiday Support:
- Hallmark's business is season driven. Your scheduled days and
hours will increase the week before and after the following
holidays - Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day,
Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- You may be required to work on the actual holiday for
Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day.
3) Department Remodels and Resets:
- Occasionally, you may be required to be a part of an
installation team and work on activities to include, but not
limited to, building Hallmark fixtures, moving card departments,
installing fixtures and product and remodeling card
- Typically, you will receive at least a 2-week notice for
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of
energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling
floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to
consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and
display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the workday and up to
50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat,
walk, and stand throughout your workday, and you may be required to
climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read
documents and interpret information.
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include
an occasional evening or weekend.
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English.
- At least 18 years of age
- Required to work the week before and the week after major
The hourly pay for this position is between $14.00 - 15.00
Keywords: Hallmark, Alexandria , Part Time Retail Merchandiser - Alexandria VA 22315, Hospitality & Tourism , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!