Person In Charge (Hourly Retail Supervisor) - Full Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Location: Lexington Park
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job Summary $1,000 Sign on Bonus! The Person in Charge
works closely with the Club Manager and Assistant Club Manager in
providing leadership and direction within the club while driving
club performance by maintaining policies and procedures, delivering
a positive service experience to Members, and providing leadership
and direction. - Acts as a key holder for the club. - The manager
is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as
assigned. -While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage the
entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure excellent
Member engagement, to address all concerns brought to the MOD's
attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Know their business/business acumen. - Exhibit strategic
thinking and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and
utilization of business data. -
- Lead through change. - Model leadership competencies to build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth. -
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require
to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. - Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
-Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. - - Lead with the team
member and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate
any concerns, as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. -
Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain maintained
-Know Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance.
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity.
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics.
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targets. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
- Maintains deep knowledge of club policies and procedures across
all areas of the club.
- Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations of Fresh (meat, produce, deli, bakery), Front of House
Departments (tire bay, gas station, member service, frontline,
membership fee income, and maintenance departments), overall
merchandising, signage, recovery, and receiving within the
- Works closely with the Fresh Manager, Meat Manager, Front End
Manager, and Night Manager to validate and ensure that all
sanitation, food safety, and Team Member safety policies and
procedures are in place and being effectively executed.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to Home Office or the Club
Manager as needed.
- Responsible for the effective communication of department
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members.
- Responsible for the effective communication and partnership
with regional business partners.
- Continually monitors member service levels and ensures a
positive service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Assesses Team Member performance, provides actionable feedback
and coaches, teaches and develops talent. - Assists in onboarding,
training and performance management.
- Learns quickly and adapts to change. - Effectively communicates
to team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by
sharing necessary information, explaining the "why's", and keeping
- Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with
the Company's strategic priorities and support the achievement of
club operational goals and objectives.
- Operates forklift in a safe and efficient manner. -
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed. Qualifications
- Previous retail experience in a retail store, supermarket, or
warehouse required. -
- A strong drive for results and solid work ethic is required. -
Must be honest, straight-forward and committed to providing high
levels of service to members.
- Excellent communication skills required. - Must be able to lead
and motivate a large team.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, which may also require bending,
pulling, reaching, climbing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Alexandria , Person In Charge (Hourly Retail Supervisor) - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Lexington Park, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!