Block Advisors Multi-Unit Team Leader 3
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What you'll do...
Are you a passionate people leader, capable of managing multiple
offices? Do you enjoy exceeding client expectations? Block Advisors
is looking for a Multi-Unit Team Leader to accelerate our
year-round tax and business services by managing three Block
Advisor offices and providing leadership to the customer-centric
teams that work within them.
Block Advisors is an H&R Block brand that redefined the tax
preparation experience for individuals and small businesses with
complex tax and business service needs. As a Multi-Unit Team Leader
at a Block Advisors office, you will serve as the front-line
manager responsible for leadership and development of associates,
delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all
office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and
earnings) for three offices. Prior tax preparation experience is
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as
you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time
schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax
season, you will work a reduced schedule May through December, and
may even apply for advancement opportunities.
Day to day you'll do...
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three
offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and
implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets,
which includes developing local partnerships and managing office
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for
tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by
training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to
execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing
outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate
Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information
to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure
accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all
- Travel between the three offices as required
- May prepare up to 75 tax returns, as needed
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail,
restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of
people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to
grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to
lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to
function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a
customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or high school diploma
with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge
Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
About H&R Block...
We are here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an
industry and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Alexandria , Block Advisors Multi-Unit Team Leader 3, Hospitality & Tourism , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!