Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: April 11, 2021
--Under the direction of the Caf-- Manager, the barista performs
a variety of tasks specific to the successful operation the Caf--
following the prescribed guidelines for service. Role and
- During the majority of the shift, this is an independent
position with back-up provided on an as-needed basis.
- Operation of the Caf-- equipment and prepare coffee, specialty
drinks, ice cream, and baked and prepared goods.
- Maintain a clean environment within local, state, and federal
- Complete on-going, daily and weekly cleaning of food surfaces,
machinery and utensils, and customer areas.
- Provide a clean workplace which includes following various
- Stock and merchandise caf-- in accordance with company policies
and procedures, maintaining a straight, organized and clean
- Greet customers entering the store and caf-- and provide
exceptional customer service on each transaction.
- Successfully promote all POS initiatives and company programs
including, but not limited to promotional drinks, LTO items,
discount cards, magazine sales, pre-sale vouchers, and donation
- Balance cash drawer following each shift within allowable
variances as identified in the Loss Prevention Policy.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment weekly as
outlined in the Communication Binder.
- Assist the bookstore as needed. Preferred Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple caf-- machines,
including, but not limited to blenders, ovens, espresso machines,
and cash registers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Cash handling skills.Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer or register.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate machinery, telephone
and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift/push objects up to 15 lbs. on a regular
basis and up to 25 lbs. on a periodic basis with or without
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, crouch, or
reach while performing daily activities of the job.
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., Alexandria , BARISTA, Hospitality & Tourism , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!