Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - DOU - Direct Observation Unit - $33-46 per hour
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
DOU - Direct Observation Unit for a nursing job in Fredericksburg,
Virginia. Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: DOU - Direct Observation Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights
- Employment Type: Permanent Start the day excited to make a
difference end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job
Summary:The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able
to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the
ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the
quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating
research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice.
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability
and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total,
comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an
assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery
of patient care through the nursing process of assessment,
diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.$10,000 Sign
On Bonus PLUS Relocation Bonus (if applicable)Practice Standards
for a Level II Registered Nurse:In the MWHC Practice Standards, a
Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice
StandardsEssential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of
licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated
tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to
achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team
members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent
information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient
care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance
improvement into care delivery and participate in quality
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies
and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for
formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as
a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's
Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five
years of hire. (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 6 months
- NIHSS (Bluecloud) required within 90 daysAs an EOE/AA employer,
the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices
due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or
disability status.Mary Washington Healthcare Job ID . Posted job
title: Registered Nurse (RN), Observation (Short Stay) Unit, Full
Time, Nights About Mary Washington Healthcare Join Mary Washington
Healthcare, one of Virginia's fastest-growing healthcare systems
and the region's premier healthcare provider. Our nursing jobs,
allied health, and physician jobs promote growth through career
advancement and support in an environment designed for success.
MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare system in the
beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with easy access to
Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical system includes
two state-of-the-art hospitals - Mary Washington Hospital, a
Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford Hospital.
Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer Center, Virginia
Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion Institute, Women's Health
Institute and The Neurosciences Center. Benefits
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Sign-On bonus
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - DOU - Direct Observation Unit - $33-46 per hour, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...