Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology - $36-50 per hour
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Interventional Radiology for a nursing job in Fredericksburg,
Virginia.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Interventional Radiology
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: Permanent
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. -Come join our team.Job Summary:The Level II Competent
Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level
II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the
healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated
clinical area by incorporating research and implementing
evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent
Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a
professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous,
and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN
is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and
evaluation.$10,000 Sign On Bonus Internal Associates Not Eligible
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:In the MWHC
Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the
following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice
StandardsEssential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of
licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated
tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to
achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team
members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent
information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient
care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance
improvement into care delivery and participate in quality
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies
and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for
formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides supervision and delegation of selected procedures and
tasks to appropriately trained unlicensed persons.
- Assists with scheduling interventional procedures, confirms
appointments 24 hours in advance and provide pre-procedure
instruction. Performs post procedure discharge phone calls and
documents information in medical record.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast
agents/radiopharmaceuticals and follow established guidelines for
the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount
- Serves as a preceptor/resource to nurses and other radiology
Associates related to contrast/radiopharmaceutical administration
assessment and authorization.
- Ability to complete physical assessments; identify potential
clinical issues and emergent situations and escalate/intervene as
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as
a Registered Nurse.
- 1 year of nursing experience required, 1 year of critical care
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's
Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five
years of hire. (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 60 daysAs an EOE/AA employer,
the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices
due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or
disability status.Mary Washington Healthcare Job ID #R-11783.
Posted job title: Registered Nurse (RN)-Interventional
Radiology-Full Time DaysAbout Mary Washington HealthcareJoin Mary
Washington Healthcare, one of Virginia's fastest-growing healthcare
systems and the region's premier healthcare provider. Our nursing
jobs, allied health, and physician jobs -promote growth through
career advancement and support in an environment designed for
MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare system in the
beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with easy access to
Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical system includes
two state-of-the-art hospitals - Mary Washington Hospital, a
Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford Hospital.
-Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer Center, Virginia
Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion Institute, Women's Health
Institute and The Neurosciences Center. Benefits
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Sign-On bonus
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology - $36-50 per hour, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...