Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics - $30-45 per hour
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Pediatrics for a nursing job in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Pediatrics
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Permanent Start the day excited to make a
difference end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Mary
Washington Hospital's Pediatric unit is a 10 bed inpatient unit
where we care for infants and children from newborn to 18 years of
age. The Peds unit is supported 24/7 by a team of Pediatric
Hospitalists from Children's National Hospital, one of the top
ranked, premier pediatric hospitals in the US. We have an all RN,
PALS certified nursing staff, and support from MSET, respiratory
therapy, physical therapy, and dieticians. Some of the most common
diagnosis we care for are children with asthma, pneumonia,
bronchiolitis, cellulitis, hyperbilirubinemia, N/V/D, viral
processes, orthopedic injuries, behavioral health and post-op
general surgery. Our amazing team looks forward to welcoming nurses
with a love and passion for caring for children and their families.
Pediatrics is proud to be a part of the bigger Women's and
Children's Care Center, supporting the community at all levels of
the family continuum.
Job Summary:The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically
able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the
ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the
quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating
research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice.
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability
and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total,
comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an
assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery
of patient care through the nursing process of assessment,
diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.$10,000 Sign
On BonusInternal Associates Not Eligible Practice Standards for a
Level II Registered Nurse:In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level
II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice
StandardsEssential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of
licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated
tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to
achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team
members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent
information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient
care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance
improvement into care delivery and participate in quality
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies
and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for
formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as
a Registered Nurse
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's
Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five
years of hire. (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA PALS Provider required within 6 monthsAs an EOE/AA
employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment
practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or
disability status.Mary Washington Healthcare Job ID . Posted job
title: Registered Nurse (RN)-Pediatrics -Full Time Nights About
Mary Washington Healthcare Join Mary Washington Healthcare, one of
Virginia's fastest-growing healthcare systems and the region's
premier healthcare provider. Our nursing jobs, allied health, and
physician jobs promote growth through career advancement and
support in an environment designed for success.
MWHC offers all the benefits of a big city healthcare system in the
beautiful setting of the Virginia countryside, with easy access to
Washington, DC and Richmond. Our regional medical system includes
two state-of-the-art hospitals - Mary Washington Hospital, a
Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford Hospital.
Our Centers of Excellence include Regional Cancer Center, Virginia
Heart & Vascular Institute, Human Motion Institute, Women's Health
Institute and The Neurosciences Center. Benefits
- 403b retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programs
- Holiday Pay
- Pet insurance
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
- Sign-On bonus
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics - $30-45 per hour, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...