Company: Chenega Corporation
Posted on: March 18, 2023
SummaryCHENEA RELIABLE SERVICES, LLCAlexandria, VATHIS POSITION
IS CONTINGENT UPON BID AWARDThe Nurse Practitioner is responsible
for providing management oversight of the health clinic, performing
physical exams, providing direct patient care including first aid
and routine inquiries, ergonomic assessments, administering
immunizations and vaccines, and assisting with other occupational
health services as needed.The USPTO is a highly diversified
government agency that engages in a wide variety science research
programs and industrial. Responsibilities
- As requested, serve as consultant to USPTO Management on all
matters regarding occupational medicine.
- Practice clinical medicine involving the performance of
emergency, diagnostic and preventive health care services. Services
are to include physical examinations and emergency medical
treatment, as appropriate, as well as preventive health screening
programs, occupational health surveillance examinations, health
counseling, etc. Must have/maintain proficiency in use of EKG and
pulmonary function machine.
- Provide cardiac emergency care in accordance with current
Advanced Cardiac Life Support guidelines, to include external
pacing, intravenous access and medication delivery, endotracheal
intubation, manual defibrillation, among others. Wound care to
include suture placement and removal.
- Perform various physical examinations, such as fitness for
duty, pre-employment, and DOT exams.
- Evaluate and render opinions regarding the medical aspects of
fitness-for-duty exams, pre-employment physical exams and USPTO
employee FECA claims arising from reported occupational
injury/illness/disease; serve as USPTO representative in obtaining
and assessing medical information from referral physicians to
reconcile OWCP cases when requested by the USPTO COR or his/her
- As requested, provide consultation, medical document review and
advice to the appropriate USPTO staff regarding employee requests
for reasonable accommodations, and advice to Civil Rights and
Diversity Office to identify and eliminate employment barriers at
- Evaluation of health services provided by the USPTO Health Unit
with recommendations to the USPTO Safety and Health Manager for
changes in or broadening of service, as appropriate.
- Provision of consultation and advice to the USPTO staff
regarding occupational health concerns arising from research
- Consult as necessary with other medical professionals, e.g.,
patients primary care physician, to render judgements as to fitness
for duty, reasonable accommodation, etc.
- Provide medical and administrative support, as appropriate, to
the USPTO-EAP counselor in connection with the USPTO-EAP program
(i.e. for alcohol abuse, drug abuse, emotional stress, etc.)
- Coordinate activities, training opportunities, and patient care
best practices with the USPTO staff.
- As requested, serve as a member of any USPTO committees that
may be formed requiring the input of the Medical Officer to
determine internal USPTO policy.
- Performs portions of physical examination, e.g., weight,
height, blood pressure, EKG, vision, hearing, cancer screening,
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and completion of an accredited Nurse
- Possess and maintain a current Nurse Practitioner License in
one of the 50 States or District of Columbia
- Minimum three (3) years of full-time employment experience
within the last five (5) as a Nurse Practitioner
- Possess and maintain a valid certification in Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Occupational experience preferred
- Shall have knowledge, skill and experience required to
routinely perform venipuncture, EKG's, Pulmonary Function Tests,
Audiometric Exams and Visual Acuity Exams.
- Be able to clearly and effectively communicate with all
patients and other healthcare providers.
- Working knowledge of computersPhysical Demands(The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use
repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or
fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.Executive Order
13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service
Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on
contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job,
other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be
Keywords: Chenega Corporation, Alexandria , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...