School Nurse (Substitute Pool) (2022-2023 SY)
Company: Alexandria City Public Schools
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The School Nurse strengthens and facilitates the educational
process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to
learning; promotes optimal levels of well-being in students and
- Education: Bachelor's degree; Master's degree
- Certificates & Licenses: Current license to practice as a
registered nurse in Virginia. Current CPR Certification.
- Experience: Job-related within the specialized field with
increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating school
health program goals, objectives, and procedures in cooperation
with school personnel and community resources.
- Participates in planning programs that eliminate or minimize
health problems of students that may interfere with
- Participates in identifying and reporting environmental health
and safety hazards (current and potential) for students and
- Maintains and reviews student health records and statistical
information regarding the health status of students and utilization
of the school health service program.
- Communicates current health problems, needs, and concerns of
students to their parents and appropriate school staff.
- Participates on the Child Study Team, assists in the
identification of students to their parents and appropriate school
- Maintains a system for providing first aid and emergency
- Administers medications and treatments to students as approved
by School Board Policy and Virginia Nursing Law.
- Provides health counseling to students to assist them in making
decisions regarding their health and health behavior.
- Assists and provides support to students and parents in
identifying and utilizing available and appropriate community
- Provides educational opportunities for students to assist them
in developing self-care skills in dealing with health
- Provides in-service education opportunities for school staff on
- Collaborates with community agencies, health professionals, and
school staff to identify the health needs, current and potential,
of children and youth to facilitate school and community planning
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development
including participation in school-related programs.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the
efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Public Health Compliance
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical
will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Keywords: Alexandria City Public Schools, Alexandria , School Nurse (Substitute Pool) (2022-2023 SY), Healthcare , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!