Physical Therapist (PT) Alexandria, VA Sign on Bonus
Company: HealthPRO - Heritage
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Full Time Physical Therapist/PT opportunity in Alexandria, VA
22301 The Landing Alexandria our UPSCALE Assisted
Living/Independent Living Community is looking for a Physical
Therapist. Conveniently ocated in North Potomac Yard - DC Metro
area $5,000 sign on bonusPay: $42/per/hr to $48/per/hr DOEBenefits
include: Medical, Dental, Vision Short & long term disability Life
insurance 401k Paid Time Off Continuing education License
Reimbursement & much moreAt HealthPro Heritage we hire people who
share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care
that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an
Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and
recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and
realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our
company.The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats residents,
under orders from a physician, through the use of a variety of
therapeutic procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength,
coordination and body alignment, to relieve pain and to improve
movement and function. The Physical Therapist participates as a
member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and
information within the area of Physical Therapy.INDVA
- Review available resident information and evaluate the impact
of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the
resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of
home/vocational and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
and consistently maintain timely and accurate department
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff members are working with
- Enter a progress note in the resident record following each
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
process. Physical Therapist
- Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge
summary utilizing a prescribed format.
- Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk
during any procedures.
- Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize
resident's use of functional abilities.
- Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about exercise
programs and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident
at home following treatment.
- Assist in the referral process when a resident requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Attend and participate in, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare
through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcares regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Manager on clinical performance of
assistants, as requested and appropriate.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide
quality care to residents.
- Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
- Support the companys commitment to Compassionate Care; projects
a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehab
- Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
- Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
facility/facilities. This job description does not list all the
duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers
to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon
your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license in the state of practice.
- Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting
serving the same age/type of resident population served by this
- Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in
identified areas of specialization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a
comprehensive plan of care.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
- Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods: Standing: Maintaining an upright
position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for
the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the
force push or pull force up to 35 lbs. Lifting: Raising an object
from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally,
from position to position Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force
independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance
of another person or a mechanical lift Stooping: Bending the body
forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a
prolonged length of time. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in
any direction away from the body Balancing: Maintaining body
equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching
on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces
email@example.comRequisition ID: 2022-68224 External
Company Name: Healthpro Heritage, LLC External Company URL:
www.healthpro-heritage.com Full Name: First Last: Jennifer Sfeir
Email: JSfeir@healthpro-heritage.com Number: 864-905-2115
Keywords: HealthPRO - Heritage, Alexandria , Physical Therapist (PT) Alexandria, VA Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!