Mental Health Technician-Full Time Nights
Company: Washington Hospital, Inc., Mary
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Start the day excited to make a differenceend the day knowing
you did. Come join our team.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision,
values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and
must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients,
physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Assists in providing basic and routine care for patients in an
assigned area, under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
This will include being able to document on patient's status in
accordance to the program's policies.
* Follows Policies and Procedures of the specific unit, Department
of Nursing, and supports the hospital and department mission, goals
* Promotes team work with physicians, case managers, nurses and
personnel of other departments.
* Manages all supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner
consistent with budgeting limits for the department.
* After orientation, will perform all skills in job appropriate
* Under the supervision of the nursing personnel, will assist in
the organization and completion of therapeutic groups, based on the
* Will maintain his/her competency notebook and participate in any
program educational services.
* Maintain yearly updates of mandatory education.
* Contributes to the continuous Performance Improvement
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Associate degree in Human Services-Mental Health, or other
behavioral science discipline.
* 1 - 2 years mental health or related healthcare experience may be
substituted for Associate degree.
* Ability to interact with psychiatric patients in various stages
* Ability to participate in Performance Improvement activities.
Will meet the physical qualifications for the job position.
* AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
* CPI required within 90 days
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in
its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Washington Hospital, Inc., Mary, Alexandria , Mental Health Technician-Full Time Nights, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!