Registered Nurse I
Posted on: May 16, 2022
NEW Competitive Hourly Pay Rate & and Shift Differentials
Regular Full-Time Benefits-Eligible Overtime Available!
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the client's status, plan of care, and goal
achievement. Also must be aware of the potential exposure to
internal and external hazardous materials including but not limited
to: blood borne pathogens, infections/communicable diseases, noise,
excessive physical injury from clients, airborne dusts, fumes, and
This position does not have direct reports.
- Accurately and efficiently pack medications for clients going
off ground, including medication list and any educational forms
needed as outlined in policy and procedures.
- Regularly audits the medication charts and reviews supplies,
report deficiencies, orders needed supplies from the pharmacy.
Stocks and organizes supplies in exam room and in group home
medication cabinets, ensures that an adequate inventory is kept in
stock. The RN will document such audits in the performance
- Abides by all safety and infection control regulations and has
knowledge necessary of the exposure protocol to be able to assist
other employees and clients to receive appropriate
- Accurately and efficiently transcribe orders according to
facility policy and procedures, including requirements of all
licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Administers and reads TB test to clients, staff and volunteers.
Completes appropriate documentation in an accurate and timely
manner according to nursing office procedure.
- Provides client care according to current nursing protocols,
facility policy, & procedure, recommendation of the American
Academy of Pediatrics, and other pertinent practice guidelines and
- Inspects children's clothing and possessions to detect
contraband in accordance with village policies and
- Assess the physical and emotional well-being of children post
- Assists with scheduling and/or preparation for doctor
appointments, lab test, and other medical procedures as necessary,
making certain paperwork is correct and thorough, as well as
correctly processing return paperwork and instructions.
- Responsible for making the appropriate notifications and
reports to parents/guardians and inter-facility personnel.
- Reviews and documents height, weight, and blood pressure of
clients on a monthly basis.
- Maintains refrigerator and freezer temperatures within normal
guidelines and takes the appropriate action to correct any
deficiencies or malfunctions.
- Completes all mandatory annual retraining and in-service in
compliance with program policies and training timelines
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Science in Nursing degree
- Minimum of two years of related nursing experience
- RN license in the state of practice (or other state/s with
- Clear fingerprint background screening through the Department
of Justice, FBI and Child Abuse Index to include fingerprint
- Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills to
include communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully, and
patiently to a diverse population
- Demonstrate teamwork, professional communication,
dependability, and flexibility as required by working in a
residential treatment setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demeanor with the ability to
build rapport and garner trust with others.
- Proficient in the use of a PC; in a Windows environment; in the
use of the Internet; and in the use of MS Office Applications such
as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to accurately dispense medications, and be capable of
drawing blood and giving injections
- Ability to effectively engage with children from various
backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to provide consistency and behavioral limits through
- Ability to maintain professional behavior in high pressure
- Ability to solve problems by applying basic analytical skills
to include collating and reporting information; identifying trends
and exceptions; investigating to define problems more accurately;
sorting information in order of importance; identifying
relationships and linkages between components; identifying variable
potential causes and effects; soliciting guidance to define
criteria and assign values of importance and urgency; and
escalating issues of an exceptional nature.
- Ability to work collaborative as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and flexibility.
- Ability to deliver high level of professionalism and
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Willingness and ability to carry out the Childhelp mission and
realize the Founders' vision by embodying the cultural values of
unconditional love, service, quality, and continuous
- Ability to frequently stand, see, hear, speak, and be
physically flexible; occasionally sits walk, stoop, lift up to 50
lbs., carry, run and drive; and at times may bend, climb, squat,
- Employees may be exposed to children who may ask inappropriate
personal questions, display socially unacceptable personal
behaviors, insult your physical appearance, age, sex, and race, use
profanity, sexually explicit phrases, exhibit defiance, dishonesty,
threats, accusations, and theft, assaultive behaviors and
Overnight shift: 6:30pm to 7:30am, 3 days a week
Keywords: Childhelp, Alexandria , Registered Nurse I, Healthcare , Lignum, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!