Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What you will do
Location: Aberdeen, Maryland
Under the direction of the site Project Manager and Regional Safety
Manager, applies Safety programs, US Army Corps of Engineers Safety
& Health Requirements, as well as state and federal laws for the
inspection of equipment and working conditions, and prevent
accidents, fires and related hazardous events.
How you will do it
1. Responsible for the implementation of the Site/Task Specific
Safety Program at location, including the creation of each task
order required Site Specific Accident Prevention Plans (APP) &
Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
2. Oversees and can authorize the procurement of project safety
supplies and equipment, and is responsible for the implementation
of the site safety training of JCI direct employees and
subcontractor safety training.
3. Designated on-site competent person and Site Safety and Health
Officer (SSHO), as defined by The Army Corps of Engineers EM
4. Responsible to enforce the safety directives per JCFS Safety
Program, site-specific APPs and EM 385-1-1.
5. Conducts daily safety and health inspections; Conduct mishap
investigations and complete required reports; Maintains the OSHA
Form 300; Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system
that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution; Ensure
sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
6. Travel between the various sites within region may be required,
additional travel for startup, training, etc. as needed.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
8. Owns/Accountable for Safety Execution within the assigned
What we look for
1. Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial
Hygiene or related field, or equivalent experience.
2. 30-hr OSHA Construction Safety Class certification within the
past 5 years and demonstrated continuing Safety training thereafter
(8 hours per year)
3. Five years of continuous experience in construction safety
inspection and administration with similar large-scale
4. Proficiency with Microsoft office software
5. Ability to travel 25%
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100
years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures
products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building
technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military
installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about
designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility
savings projects at various federal and military sites around the
If you'd like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the
systems and products we work with please check out our "take a
journey" video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)#06022021
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Alexandria , Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO), Healthcare , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!