Surgical Technologist, Operating Room, Full Time, Days, $5k Sign On Bonus
Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:Under the direction and
supervision of the Specialty Coordinator/Registered Nurse, this
position provides assistance to nursing staff by communicating
changes in patient status and preparing the Operating Room (OR)
rooms with necessary equipment.Full Time/Day Shift Position, $5k
Signing Bonus!Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the care team in the formation of the
patient's plan of care to achieve desired outcomes for the patient
based on physician preference cards, current assessment findings,
diagnostic reports, and standards of care/practice.
- Communicates safe therapeutic care for patient throughout the
patient's perioperative experience.
- Maintains and cares for equipment and supplies. Prepares OR
rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and
equipment. Follows aseptic technique in opening sterile supplies
and during set up for procedures.
- Drapes patients and assists the surgical team during operative
- Assists in turnover of room between cases.
- Provides input for changes to physician preference cards
according to surgeon's request.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Participates in hospital wide infection control plan and
quality improvement process.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and
team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Clinical education and/or experience must meet one of the
- Graduate of an approved formal program to include one of the
following: OR Technology, Surgical Scrub Tech, or Surgical
Technology (six months experience preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse eligible to practice in Virginia with
one year operating room experience
- Trained Scrub/Operating Room Tech with a minimum of seven (7)
years hospital operating room experience
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Must become a Certified Surgical Technologist within 6 months
of hire.As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not
discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Surgical Technologist, Operating Room, Full Time, Days, $5k Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!