Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement
Company: Foundation List
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is
the national membership organization for the nation's federally
qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health
Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health
clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent,
and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved
areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through
advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and
operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse,
and inclusive workplace.
The Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement isa member of
NACHC's National Grassroots Advocacy team. The Manager is
responsible for identifying and implementing best practices to
equip and mobilize grassroots advocates. The successful candidate
will design and implement non-partisan grassroots initiatives to
ensure access to affordable, quality, and equitable health
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Under the leadership of the Director of National Grassroots
Advocacy, collaborate with NACHC's public policy and research teams
to build distributive leadership within the health center movement
and increase education and mobilization of health centers related
to NACHC's advocacy issue campaigns.
Assist with the development and coordination of interdepartmental
legislative and regulatory advocacy strategies.
Assist with creation and implementation of tactics to shift power
by increasing the number of health center advocates and improve
their leadership in advocacy campaigns and initiatives.
Assist with development of tools and resources to support advocate
Provide regular updates on policy campaigns and engagement
2) Develop and implement strategy for and execution of all advocacy
Draft and disseminate of advocacy communications, including the
Collect content from policy and research teams and produce the
weekly Washington Update e-newsletter.
Coordinate calls to action/campaigns and policy updates.
Create posts and maintain engagement on social media channels
(Twitter and Facebook).
3) Design and manage advocacy websites - HCAdvocacy (incl, the
Quorum Action Center) and National Health Center Week.
Create graphics to use on websites and social media channels.
Identify best placement of resources, tools, and other advocacy
social media assets.
4) Develop tools/resources for sharing best practices and advocacy
Identify best practices in advocacy communications industry.
Create shareable tools for advocates to easily learn and adopt new
5) Work with the Director on
communication/marketing/messaging-related elements of NACHC
Create graphics for signage, program, and other conference
Design swag and advocacy engagement tools for in-person events.
6) Collaborate on National Health Center Week (NHCW)
responsibilities and deliverables.
Brainstorm annual theme.
Create graphics and social media assets for NHCW campaign.
Update NHCW website annually.
Work with NACHC's Communications Division to develop strategy for
sharing content and on communications components of National Health
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1) Bachelor's degree in related discipline; and minimum five years
related work experience.
2) Three to five years of communications and/or grassroots advocacy
3) Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of
racial equity and inclusion.
4) Commitment to NACHC's mission and goals.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1) Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and
2) Working knowledge of WordPress, Elementor, or other website
3) Working knowledge of Quorum, SparkInfluence or other advocacy
4) Experience in digital media or graphic design a plus.
1) Strong verbal and written communications.
2) Fluency in Spanish including English to Spanish translation
ability (verbally and written) preferred.
3) Exceptional attention to detail.
4) Commitment to customer service.
5) Recognition of the importance of interdepartmental coordination
and communication, and of the need to keep leadership informed of
problems and issues.
Keywords: Foundation List, Alexandria , Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!