School Facilities Manager
Company: Alexandria City Public Schools
Posted on: September 11, 2023
The School Facilities Manager manages all facility, security, and
student safety needs at Alexandria City High School (King Street
and Minnie Howard Campuses) after the conclusion of the school day.
The King Street Campus, in particular, has a high level of daily
building usage after school for student activities and special
events. Many of these events happen concurrently, on weekday
evenings until 11:00pm and on weekends, and draw audiences of 100
to 1000 individuals, not including students and staff. In addition,
the Minnie Howard Campus will be reopening in 2024 with high levels
of building usage expected, including the usage of a pool by
students and community.
After-school activities include the following:
- Athletics daily practices and games;
- Drama and arts rehearsals, performances, and concerts;
- JROTC daily practices, drills, and meets;
- College and career assistance and events;
- After school meetings between staff and students;
- Credit recovery classes;
- Adult education classes;
- Community and outside group meetings; and
- After school ACPS bus pickups at 4:30pm, 6:00pm, and
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a job-related field preferred.
Experience: Two years of related work experience. Experience in the
K-12 public education sector a plus.
Certificates & Licenses: None required.
- Strong organizational skills, including keen attention to
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), and ability to
communicate effectively with individuals at varying levels, to
include students, parents, peers, and community members.
- Skilled in collaborating with others and working in teams, as
well as working independently.
- Excellent time-management skills, and ability to work in a
fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with multiple
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and use a can-do
approach to spot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Practices a high level of confidentiality with a focus on
building relationships with trust, authenticity, and mutual respect
- Provides excellent customer service, and is skilled in dealing
with difficult situations and personalities. 02/2023
- Shows self-awareness, self-monitoring, ability to course
correct when improvements are necessary, and good
- Is punctual and reliable. Essential Functions
- Oversees building usage and access at the King Street and
Minnie Howard campuses after 3:00pm (including Parker-Gray Stadium)
by developing a daily calendar of usage events.
- Coordinates with the building coordinator to ensure all events
and activities are properly documented and scheduled
- Ensures proper safety supervision for all events, including but
not limited to: community events/meetings, student events, stadium
use, athletics practices and games, student performances and
- Works with the Department of Facilities and Operations Office
Safety and Security Services staff and ACHS Administration to
develop a safety posture and ensure adequate security presence that
keeps the campus secure and ensures only designated areas are
- Develops acceptable use areas of the buildings based on the
events each evening; and ensures all other areas are closed
- Acts as leadership point-of-contact for all building use
requests via the Facility Request Forms.
- Serves as a member of the Neighborhood Forum, which meets
quarterly with surrounding neighbors.
- Actively monitors all events from a safety and security
standpoint, visits events, checks-in with staff contacts, and
monitors all areas.
- Communicates with ACPS Office of Safety and Security Services
and ACHS Administration the events of each week.
- Coordinates with ACPS Office of Safety and Security Services
for proper and updated training for self and security
- Ensures safety and supervision in all common usage areas, such
as auditoriums, libraries, cafeterias, locker rooms, stadium,
weight room, etc.
- Coordinates with the Athletics Office to ensure proper
implementation of coach supervision responsibilities of
- Coordinates with ACPS staff to ensure proper after school
supervision of students attending events, rehearsals, and
- Monitors after school bus runs (three) and ensures only
students who should be riding the ACPS buses board them.
- Responds to any staff, student, and community concerns
expressed about building usage.
- Responds to, properly documents, and reports all incidents that
occur during tour of duty, according to established
- Acts as primary emergency point-of-contact in the event of an
emergency. Work Requirements
- Onsite work attendance from 3:00pm to 11:00pm, or until the
last event concludes and the building is clear.
Compliance with public health requirements, including:
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Religious and medical exemptions
will be reviewed.
- All safety and health protocols, which may include mask
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Keywords: Alexandria City Public Schools, Alexandria , School Facilities Manager, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!