Senior Director, Accounting Operations
Company: United Way Worldwide
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and
reporting of the organization's financial statements. Collaborates
with all levels of United Way Worldwide ("UWW") Leadership and
Executive Management Teams and serves as a member of the Leadership
Team for the Finance Group. Responsible for establishing annual
work goals and objectives and managing the daily work activities of
the assigned Team members within the Accounting Team. Responsible
for effectively managing the Team and all UWW resources assigned to
the Team.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITIONAn individual must be able
to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory
- Provide leadership across UWW finance areas and engage with
others across UWW and the United Way network demonstrating an
approach that is proactive and collaborative.
- Responsible for generating and reporting monthly financial
statements and analysis of financial results with accuracy,
timeliness, and transparency.
- Oversees general ledger, revenue and billing, accounts payable
and payroll functions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective policies
and procedures that reflect well-balanced internal controls. -
- Oversees the annual independent Audits (consolidated financial
statements, Pension Plan and 403(b)) conducted by External
- Oversees the preparation of the annual 990 tax return and
related state returns.
- Coordinates the annual Finance and Talent Management Forum for
the United Way Network.
- Participates in the creation of Network accounting guidance
documents in conjunction with the UWW Finance Council.
- Develops a high-performing Accounting Team.
- Supports the CFO in working with the Finance and Audit
Committees of the Board.
- Other duties as assignedJOB REQUIREMENTSMinimum requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- 10 years of expert-level experience in a similar role.
- Five years of previous people management experience.
- Five to 10 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Excellent presentation skills.This job description describes
the general nature and level of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an
exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and
skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled
individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.SALARY
INFORMATION -We have established a salary range of $135,000 to
$150,000 for this position. Specific pay is determined by your
experience in that range. Highly recommend applicants include
salary requirements when completing application.ABOUT UNITED WAY
WORLDWIDEUnited Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified
professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you
are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve
enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the
place for you.United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status,
age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic
information, and other legally protected characteristics, in
accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for
any part of the employment process, please e-mail
Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your
request and your contact information.We are a charter member of
Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace
Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.United Way
Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer
competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health,
dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee
assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off,
family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption
leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly
volunteering opportunities, and more. Most benefits begin on the
first day of the month following your start date.UNITED WAY
WORLDWIDE'S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLEWe
take the broadest possible view of diversity. -We value -the
visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.We
welcome -that every person brings a unique perspective and
experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the
health, education, and financial stability of every person in every
community.We believe -that each United Way community member, donor,
volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving
community problems.We strive -to include diversity, equity, and
inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.We commit -to
using these practices for our business and our communities.Join us
in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in
Keywords: United Way Worldwide, Alexandria , Senior Director, Accounting Operations, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...