Division Vice President of Risk, Healthcare, Nurse Preferred
Company: CommuniCare Health Services Corporate
Posted on: March 18, 2023
CommuniCare Health Services is currently recruiting for the key
position of Division Vice President of Risk overseeing facilities
in Maryland and Virginia. Nurse preferred, but we will consider
other healthcare and/or risk management experience. This position
may be remote and involves 50% travel.PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENTThe
position of Division Vice President of Risk identifies and
evaluates risks as a means to reduce injury to patients, staff
members, and visitors within the organization. The Division Vice
President of Risk works proactively and reactively to prevent
adverse incidents and to minimize the damages following an event.
The Division Vice President of Risk is specifically concerned with
improving the quality and safety of healthcare services by
identifying the circumstances and opportunities that put patients
at risk of harm and then acting to prevent or control those
risks.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review events in Risk Watch daily. Communicate need for follow
up to RDCO's.
- Review Teleheath notes daily for follow up needed. Review the
CHS.care portal daily. Validate with the RDCO that they are
- Receive notification from RDCO of level 2 events.
- Set up event calls as needed.
- Review investigations before they are submitted to the state.
Validate the investigations are thorough and completed and uploaded
to the Risk Portal.
- Validate that all state reportable are in the system and are
closed within 5 days.
- Assist centers with writing/reviewing plans of correction with
citations related to risk events.
- Review Division trends for events and communicate to the
- Review the process for ongoing training for staff in compliance
of established risk processes. Set up training sessions for
facility, regional and Division teams when non-compliance is
- Review facility trends with the RDCO's.
- Work with centers on QAPI plans to address adverse areas of
compliance with the risk program.
- Travel to centers as needed to assist in person with
investigations, training and support.
- Visit all centers in the Division to familiarize on the
facility characteristics and layout.
- Conduct site visits of centers identified as high clinical risk
to assist with training and guidance to improve outcomes.
- Participate in Daily/Weekly risk review calls with Corporate
Director of Risk.
- Notify CDR of any serious events and the action plan
implemented daily as they occur. Notify of any high risk or
concerns at centers.
- Provide ongoing real time communication to Division Leadership
of risk events with potential litigation or regulatory
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing or Bachelor's degree in other
Healthcare related field
- Five years of experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility or
regional leadership role preferred.
- Experience in a Healthcare risk management role for five years
- Certification in Healthcare Risk Management preferred or CPHRM
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and
- Strong computer skills and knowledge.
- Skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment,
discretion and decision-making.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to analyze data from various sources.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate educational
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with patients, staff, administration and the
- Advanced knowledge of quality improvement and risk management
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports,
and responding to correspondence.
- Ability to maintain quality assurance standards.
- Knowledge of local, regional, federal and state specific
regulations for skilled and assisted living centers.BenefitsAs a
CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO
plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from
life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage
from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer
match and Flexible Spending Accounts.About UsA family-owned
company, we have grown to become one of the nation's largest
providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing
rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living
communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term
acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided
superior, comprehensive management services for the development and
management of adult living communities. We have a single job
description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch
the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring
Communities" where staff, residents, clients and family members
care for and about one another.
Keywords: CommuniCare Health Services Corporate, Alexandria , Division Vice President of Risk, Healthcare, Nurse Preferred, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...