Company: Distributed Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is seeking
-ProjectManagers/Consultants responsible for working closely with
oneof the following teams:
- DSI product teams and the respective customers to support
theimplementation and operation of DSI's AEON Acquisition Platform.
TheAEON platform is a COTS solution configured to support program
andcontracting office business processes throughout the
FederalGovernment and across the entire Acquisition Lifecycle.
- DSI consulting services teams to provide a full range
ofmanagement and consulting services that can help customers
meettheir mission goals. Business services range from
consulting,facilitation, analysis, strategy formulation, advisory
andassistance, and research to acquisition and program support.This
position is responsible for proactively and collaborativelyworking
with DSI team members and customer stakeholders in a
tacticalcapacity, evaluating internal and external client
requirements andimplementing effective solutions in a timely
manner. Under generaldirection, this position is responsible for
project management andleadership of major, complex, and strategic
cross-divisional andenterprise-wide projects from inception to
completion; oversight,coordination, and ability to implement
projects according to dynamicand critical timelines; oversight of
project teams, resources, andbudget; and interacting with all
levels of management including seniormanagement. The candidate is
responsible for following consistent andrepeatable procedures and
processes and maintains an effective balancebetween customer
satisfaction and project results.The primary location of
performance for these positions is WashingtonDC metro area,
primarily Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA, Frederick,MD, -and
Reston, VA.Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to DSI's product release planning process
includingscope, cost and schedule estimation.
- Facilitate and document DSI's product stand up meetings and
otherproduct project meetings.
- Provide customer advocacy and reporting for in-progress product
- Collaborate with peers and assist in the analysis and
definitionof product feature sets and business process logic.
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on
- Develop project schedules and executes according to plan
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work and the impact of
clientissued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. -
- Perform associated cost estimates, prepares proposals
andnegotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manage costs, billings and collections.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and
financialstatus to management as required.
- Manage risks and establishes project recovery plans when
- Resolve disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Ensure project document controls are in compliance with
- Develop and maintain viable long-term relationships
withcustomers, consultants, prime contractors and
- Attend job progress meetings as required.
- Ensure subcontractors understand expectations of the
- All other duties as assigned.Experience and SkillsRequired
- Detailed working knowledge of the federal
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or an
Associate'sDegree with equivalent work related experience and
minimum of 10years of direct project management or consulting
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number
ofsimultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment for a matrixed
- Proficient in Project Management software and strong knowledge
ofproductivity tools such as Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel,PowerPoint, Outlook), Visio and basic Windows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with
provenability to listen and relate with the customer and ability to
engagewith business and technical users
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to communicate technical details to a
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player that is willing to help other team members
atall timesApplicants must be able to successfully achieve the
appropriateSecurity and/or Background Check status for support
under any contract.Desired Experience:
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition lifecycle or commercial
- Knowledge of Federal financial systems or commercial
- Experience with Federal government contracting and/or
- Experience with logic structures
- Lead, consultant or supervisory experience
- Experience supervising project teams/personnel
- PMI PMP Certification
- Agile/SAFE AgileDSI is a leading provider of knowledge driven
software solutions andsubject matter consulting services addressing
the needs of acquisitionprofessionals. We offer a fun, casual,
collaborative workingenvironment for individuals interested in
conquering technologybarriers, learning by doing, and taking pride
in developing superiorsoftware manufactured in the USA.Distributed
Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexualorientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Distributed Solutions, Inc., Alexandria , Project Manager/Consultant, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...