ILS Life-Cycle Configuration Manager (Navy Modernization)
Company: BAE Systems Plc
Location: Saint Inigoes
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The selected candidate will lead the BAE Systems Air Traffic Control team of life-cycle (acquisition) Integrated Logistics Support Specialists for shipboard and shore Air Traffic Control & Landing Systems (AN/URN-32, AN/SPN-35, AN/SPN-41, AN/TPX-42, AN/SPN-43, AN/SPN-46, AN/FRN-49, Shore Instrument Landing System, and STARS) managed by NAWCAD Air Traffic Control Division 4.11.7. Will apply logistics management, principles, practices, and processes to all tasking during the development of engineering Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) plans and documentation used in support of Navy Modernization Process Management and Operation for upgrading Electronic Systems aboard U.S. Navy ships.
Primary responsibility will be performing/managing the following tasks:
* Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) and Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), Liaison Action Requests (LARs), and Design Liaison Action Requests (DLARs)
* Configuration management of System Level Drawings and Procedures
* Provisioning Parts Lists (PPLs), Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD), and Supplemental Provisioning Technical Documentation (SPTD) for submission into Integrated Computer Aided Provisioning System (ICAPS)
* Navy Technical Manuals, FOMMs, and User Logistics Support Summaries (ULSS)
* Nomenclature, Equipment Identification Code (EIC)
* Navy Training System Plans, Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs), and Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plans (CRLCMPs)
* Source Maintenance and Recovery (SM&R) Coding, Level of Repair (LOR) and Maintenance Philosophy
* Ship Change Document (SCD), Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Certifications, Fielding Plans, Regional Maintenance & Modernization Coordination Office (RMMCO) Data, and Navy Data Environment (NDE)
* Configuration Data Manager's Database-Open Architecture (CDMD-OA) Work Files
* 3M data from Open Architectural Retrieval System (OARS)
* DLA-339 Technical Referrals
* Fleet CASREP Tracking/Expediting
* Meetings with respective Logistics and Technical customer personnel
10% of the time will be performing employee supervisory functions.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidate. Applicants must be currently residing in or willing to relocate to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor's degree in an Technical, Logistics, Science, Business, or Management discipline from an accredited school and eight years of experience in Logistics support of C4ISR systems (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree)
Experience supervising a small team of logistics specialists
Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
Demonstrated experience performing the specific related tasks listed above
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Navy Modernization Process Management and Operation process for upgrading electronic systems aboard U.S. Navy shipsPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Professional Logistics Certification - i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle Acquisition Logistics Level 1
ACAT program experience
Shipyard/Shipboard fleet logistics knowledge/experienceAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Keywords: BAE Systems Plc, Alexandria , ILS Life-Cycle Configuration Manager (Navy Modernization), Executive , Saint Inigoes, Virginia
here to apply!