Director of Project Management
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As a Director of Project Management, you have a passion for
delivering high-quality client work, pro bono jobs, and internal
projects. You sit at the cross-section of client projects and
leading the internal team to self-organization. As the Director of
Project Management, you will motivate and guide the team to have
the right people in the right place at the right time in order to
move projects forward and produce exceptional work as efficiently
as possible, while staying on time and on budget. The project
management team at Grafik owns the process from project inception
to completion, including participation in budget determination,
creation of project schedules, managing resources for deliverables,
raising red flags when a project is in danger of being out of
scope, budget or timeline, and ensuring adherence to the approval
process. Naturally process-oriented, you will demonstrate and
champion the project management team towards proactively improving
processes within Grafik by failing fast using forward-thinking
ideas in the interest of building an exceptional client experience.
Furthermore, as a Director of Project Management, you have a proven
history of building and managing project teams that experience low
turnover and achieve client growth. Role and Responsibilities Your
primary responsibilities are to lead the development and adoption
of the Grafik project management processes, including management
and oversight of client deliverables, and the project management
team. The Director of Project Management will participate and lead
their team in the following areas:
- --- Apply servant leadership, identifying areas of opportunity,
what is working, what needs to change, or where more effort can be
focused to increase the performance of their team including
following up with the internal team after a project or campaign is
delivered to review successes, challenges, key learnings, and
- --- Have a solid command of agency workflow as well as
reporting tools and how they impact agency financial
- --- Understand resource utilization and capacity and make
hiring recommendations accordingly.
- --- Be proactive in collaborating with other departments and
maintain healthy conversations with agency leadership.
- --- Assist the leadership team in handling strategic client
- --- Establish clear expectations with project team
- --- Facilitate the management and delivery of projects and
ongoing marketing campaigns wherein you serve as the primary
project management lead.
- --- Ensure account profitability by managing client
expectations around service delivery.
- --- Act as the primary liaison among internal departments and
as backup liaison with client contact when needed to keep a project
on schedule and on budget.
- --- Collaborate with Account Managers, clients, and other team
members to fully vet and holistically understand the deliverable.
Level-set client expectations, timelines, business objectives, and
prioritization around a new deliverable with our creative and
production partners (both employees and subcontractors).
- --- Work to develop timelines and budgets, and assign
appropriate resources to deliver on time and on budget to meet
campaign or project goals.
- --- Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of
multiple projects, sometimes with tight deadlines.
- --- Participate in agency, project team and client meetings, as
well as brainstorming sessions to capture new messaging, creative,
and strategic opportunities for clients, as needed.
- --- Coordinate the assignment of internal and external team
members to assemble the appropriate resources for the respective
- --- Support Business Development and Account Managers in
preparing accurate estimates for campaigns and projects with
scoping of resources, dependencies, timelines, and budgets.
- --- Work with Account Managers on monitoring and communicating
the impacts and/or risks of changes in project scope to the
appropriate stakeholders, and make necessary adjustments as needed
to ensure that project timelines, budgets and quality are not
- --- Provide information to map out intended client projects in
a capacity plan for review against other work in progress.
- --- With direction from Account Managers, contribute and
collaborate to develop a sound implementation plan that meets the
project strategy within the scope, budget, time constraints, and
- --- Manages the schedule throughout the project lifecycle to
track progress and make necessary adjustments for any changes that
may be necessary.
- --- Secure approvals at all stages of the workflow
- --- Ensure adherence to all quality assurance tasks to minimize
risk or errors.
- --- Empower project management team to ensure that all project
documents are captured and files are categorized
- --- Ensure that projects have been opened, and
estimates/budgets have been established and properly approved prior
to work starting.
- --- Organize and set clear expectations for tasks and
deliverables, communicating to the team.
- --- Monitor production progress and promptly communicate issues
to Account Managers.
- --- Maintain continuity of processes, learning, and quality
assurance across all projects.
- --- Regularly monitor team health ensuring strong relationships
are built and maintained. Desired Skills, Qualifications and
Experience As a successful Director of Project Management you will
possess the following level of skills, qualifications, and
- --- Five to seven years of experience in managing a project
team in an agile agency environment.
- --- Excellent attention to detail required.
- --- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to learn new
systems and processes quickly while working in a deadline-oriented
- --- Understanding of marketing, advertising, web development,
and brand strategy projects.
- --- Proven track record of multi-tasking while managing
- --- Ability to effectively communicate project status,
requirements, changes, risks, and issues to appropriate
stakeholders, including clients.
- --- Proven track record of driving project profitability.
- --- Ability to communicate ideas and information in writing and
verbally, in a manner that is complete, clear, concise, organized,
respectful, and appropriate to the audience.
- --- Ability to organize and focus on key priorities and
- --- Demonstrated persistence, tenacity, and willingness to go
the distance to get something done.
- --- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes
chaotic environment) while maintaining a sense of perspective and
humor is preferred.
- --- Adaptable to changing priorities and scope with the ability
to cope effectively with complexity.
- --- Knowledge of the AGILE, Waterfall, or other project
management processes, including working with and creating project
schedules is required.
- --- Experience hiring and managing third-party vendor partners
- --- Experience in defining and managing the scope of online and
offline projects required.
- --- Passion for problem-solving, consensus-building, and
getting great work out the door required. This position is ideally
located on the East Coast, preferably greater Washington D.C. or
Philadelphia markets with the ability to work remotely.
Keywords: Grafik, Alexandria , Director of Project Management, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!