Company: Cotton & Company LLP
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Cotton has earned the distinction of Washington Post's "Top
Workplaces" designation multiple years running. Our culture sets us
Cotton has a need for anAudit Managerwith 6 or more years of
relevant experience to perform financial statement audits. We are
looking for highly motivated and detail-oriented professionals to
join our assurance practice.
- Bachelor's degree required. Accounting degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidacy is
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Financial statement
audit experience required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. federal secret
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups such as clients,
peers, and management.
- Knowledge in the following areas preferred:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Government
Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Financial Audit Manual (FAM).
- Other requirements for federal reporting and accounting, such
as U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) bulletins and
circulars, the U.S. Standard General Ledger (USSGL), etc.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word,
- Supervise, delegate, motivate, and provide feedback to the
- Review documents, records, reports, and methods for accuracy
- Conduct testing.
- Prepare acceptable workpapers, write-ups, and memos.
- Own assigned work areas. Consistently bring all work to a
client-ready level of completion by managing yourself, or the work
- Interview individuals associated with the audit.
- Be able to create, submit, and track Prepared by Client (PBC)
- Follow engagement protocols for PBC items.
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with
manager, or partner.
- Report audit findings to manager or partner and make
recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory
- Quality control check.
- Create internal and external meeting agendas.
- Mentor senior and staff team members.
- Maintain excellent client relations for the firm.
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, and
company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies.
Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate:As a federal covered contractor, this
positionmayrequirethe individual to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19if work is performed for a client where full vaccination is
a contractual requirement(fully vaccinated meanscompletion of the
requisite number of doses of a vaccine approved or authorized for
use or emergency use by the U.S. Food & Drug Administrationandat
least two weeks have passed since you received the final dose).
Vaccination documentationcan be providedon your first day, but is
not required.Vaccine documentation may be requested in the
future.Requests for accommodation/exemption from these requirements
due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief,
observance, or practice will be reviewed by our HR Department.
Your Work Place/Travel:A majority of the work will be performed
locally in Alexandria, VA, but there is outside travel to client
sites. Some additional travel may be required.You must be able to
transport a laptop and working documents to these sites.
Your Work Hours:Full-time. Core hours are 9 am-4 pm EST.
The Washington Post Names Cotton & Company LLP a Winner of the 2022
Top Workplaces Award! Cotton & Company has also been named 2022
National Top Workplace by Energage!
Our CPA firm provides specialized services for governmental
agencies and programs, as well as commercial clients. We support
government accountability and assist our clients in ensuring that
taxpayer money and data is handled properly.
At Cotton & Company, we're here for the people. Please work with us
to serve the American people, contribute to meaningful work, and go
Through a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, we
provide Cotton & Company professionals the opportunity to excel in
their career, to grow as an individual, and to contribute to a
strong, diverse, professional services firm.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking
for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of
professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Cotton is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation regarding website accessibility or a
modification or adjustment to the job application or interview
process due to a disability, please call 703.836.6701 or
emailHR@cottoncpa.com. Please be advised that this contact
information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used
to inquire about the status of an application.
Keywords: Cotton & Company LLP, Alexandria , Audit Manager, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!