Director, Business Development
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTJOB SUMMARYThe Director of
Business Development will provide leadership in strategic planning
to secure corporate sponsorships and media partnerships, enhancing
GBTA's relationship with corporate sponsors and corporate members,
GBTA Foundation fundraising and identifying new opportunities. The
position plays a key role in managing some of the most important
relationships at GBTA, as the support of GBTA's sponsors funds a
significant portion of GBTA's operating
- Strategically develop and maintain high-level client
- Manage and build upon corporate relationships.
- Expand new corporate partnerships and sponsorship revenue
through global events, convention research, and media sales - focus
on maximizing revenue from deployed accounts, prospect for new
suppliers within the industry and other verticals.
- Explore for new donors to support our foundation
- Create persuasive proposals with appropriate benefits packages
for new and renewed sponsorships/digital and print media
- Work with senior management and department members to identify
and frame opportunities within GBTA's priority initiatives.
- Work with all staff members and trustees of the organization
executing all aspects of the organization's sponsorship and media
- Assist in the creation and delivery of marketing communication
regarding sponsorships and media proposals.
- Oversees and organizes fundraising activities for GBTA
Foundation including WINiT, Sustainability, Ladders and other
foundation led initiatives.
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of significant
revenue-generating global partnerships.
- On-going sponsor account management and new sponsor
solicitation throughout the year.
- Effectively manage assigned accounts and sales funnel through
Salesforce or other appointment sales automation tools. All sales
activity will be up to date and managed through Salesforce.
- Development of sponsor strategy and marketing plan; including
proposals, presentations, and cover letters.
- Contract Management
- Work with other departments to represent the interests of
sponsors- education, marketing, and meetings teams.
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in sales experience and relationship
- High energy and enthusiasm for teamwork across departments,
deep commitment to success.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Superior organization skills, and an ability to manage multiple
projects in a super-fast paced environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of personal motivation and creativity.PREFFERED
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to manage relationships with integrity and
- Strong knowledge of business etiquette, how to craft sales
presentations, and other promotional materials.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRMs.
- Experience working in a membership-based organization.
- Multi-lingual preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- GBTA is currently fully remote.
- Prolonged periods sitting/remaining stationary at a desk and
working on a computer.
- Must be able to remain stationary and move for long periods of
time, during events.
- Must be able to show proof of vaccination and booster against
COVID-19 in order to attend group functions and meetings.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate
various meetings and events.
- GBTA welcomes all candidates and supports inclusivity and
diversity in the workplace.TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Up to 20% of travel to events and meetings; based on
- Travel to travel to Annual Convention, GBTA related events, and
meetings, as needed.Applicants must be authorized to work in the
US.About the Global Business Travel Association The Global Business
Travel Association (GBTA) is the world's largest business travel
and meetings trade organization headquartered in the Washington,
D.C. area with operations across four continents. GBTA's members
manage more than $345billionof global business travel and meetings
expenditures annually. GBTAdelivers world-class education, events,
research, advocacy and media to a growing global network of more
than 28,000 travel professionals and 125,000 active contacts. To
learn more, visit, www.gbta.org. GBTA is an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: GBTA, Alexandria , Director, Business Development, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!