Company: Mary Washington Healthcare
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference---end the day knowing
you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The incumbent in this position is accountable to effectively manage
the 24-hour operation of the department and to effectively
integrate the functioning of all disciplines in addition to
maintaining efficient patient care delivery and administrative
systems. This position is accountable for administration of Mary
Washington Hospice, Grief Support Services and Palliative Care
Services in a cost-effective manner to ensure quality patient care
in accordance with regulatory requirements and organizational
objectives. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for
compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations
governing the privacy and of patients' protected health
information.Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies that include program planning,
development, administration and evaluation. This includes
appropriate data collection, record system and statistical
reporting as required by regulatory bodies and organization
- Develop and monitor systems that facilitate autonomous
operation of these disciplines while maintaining regulatory
compliance and quality patient care.
- Responsible for fiscal management of departmental budgetary
allocations and development of revenue and cost containment in the
managed care arena. The Director provides cost report data to
- Evaluate, select and integrate health care technology and
information management systems that support patient care needs and
the efficient use of personnel and resources.
- Monitor and maintain regulatory interface to ensure on-going
operation and continued regulatory compliance.
- Plan, implement and monitor the budget to operate within
authorized allocation while maximizing revenue. This includes
maintaining adequate physical facilities, supplies, equipment,
staffing, and resource utilization.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure
effective organizational function as well as effective delivery of
clinical care in accordance with regulatory requirements. This
includes development of Performance Improvement and Utilization
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs to promote
recruitment, retention, development, continuing education, and
retention of staff members.
- Participate with leaders from governing body, management,
medical staff and clinical areas in developing, reviewing and
revision of mission, strategic plans, resource allocation,
operational plans and policies, and quality goals.
- Assure that standards of practice, policies and procedures are
consistent with goals of quality patient care and patient
satisfaction; with financial responsibility; and are within the
appropriate and regulatory environment.
- Acquire and manage services provided through contractual
agreement and vendor relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, with a Master's degree
- Minimum of five years of experience required, hospice and/or
- Minimum of three years supervisory/management experience in a
related profession, required.As an EOE/AA employer, the
organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due
to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability
Keywords: Mary Washington Healthcare, Alexandria , Director, Hospice, Executive , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!