Director, Emergency Services
Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing
you did. Come join our team. Job Summary: The Director has 24-hour
accountability for the integration, facilitation, and coordination
of the leadership, management, clinical and quality initiatives of
the service at Mary Washington Hospital (MWH) and Lee's Hill
Freestanding Emergency Department (LH FSED). This position serves
as a professional role model, leader, and mentor to members of the
healthcare team in accordance with organizational and departmental
philosophy and goals. This position represents the service and is a
liaison to internal and external customers. The Director
coordinates the development of an environment that promotes
excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction, while
striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates coordination, communication and collaboration among
a health care team of medical and administrative Associates,
physicians, ancillary departments, the community, and hospital
administration; works in collaboration with physician chief to
manage the operations of the service.
- Directs and leads all clinical and quality initiatives and
service at MWH and LH FSED.
- Role models the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington
Healthcare (MWHC). Fosters and promotes positive interactive
behavior and communication with all members of the health care team
to support a customer service culture.
- Strategically evaluates issues from a systems perspective and
works with and oversees teams towards resolution. Develops and
oversees departmental operational plan and strategy.
- Develops the health care team towards the integration of
critical thinking skills and strategic action for decision making;
empowers Associates to make decisions about quality, cost effective
- Delegates authority; sets expectations and holds team
accountable. Develops performance indicators for all critical
operations, evaluates outcomes, provides timely feedback;
implements and reviews changes.
- Challenges status quo, embraces diversity, implements change
management strategies, and fosters empowerment of the health care
- Utilizes benchmarking and networking in strategic planning for
departmental growth in conjunction with performance improvement
processes to meet organizational and community goals.
- Ensures representation of the service internal and external to
- Collaborates with senior leadership and the health care team to
plan and manage departmental budget. Communicates with and
regularly updates senior leadership regarding business
- Possesses knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the
service (JCAHO, EMTALA, Virginia State Health Department) and
develops methodologies to review and ensure compliance.
- Oversees and coordinates members of the health care team in the
recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention process.
- Develops, supervises, coaches and mentors appropriate
managerial staff to supervise day to day operations to support the
Associates who provide care.
- Develops processes and methodologies to coordinate resolution
of customer satisfaction and quality issues. Participates in
clinical reviews as needed.
- Utilizes the performance improvement process to identify
opportunities for improving outcomes in clinical effectiveness,
clinical practice, service operations, and standards.
- Collaborates with Nurse Educator and Clinical Nurse Specialist
to develop and implement improvements accordingly. Collaborates
with Nursing Educator to develop annual competency and service
educational plan to ensure the delivery of quality care.
- Provides oversight for the development and implementation of
standards. Integrates technology resources with plans and needs for
- Maintains professional competencies by attending educational
programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other related duties as requested. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master degree
- Must possess current license as a Registered Nurse from the
State of Virginia.
- Minimum 6 years nursing experience required.
- Minimum 4 years clinical management experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office products required. As an
EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its
employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and
veteran or disability status.
Keywords: National Medical Association, Alexandria , Director, Emergency Services, Executive , Fredericksburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!