(Remote) Business Applications Manager - Alexandria Virginia
Company: PenFed Credit Union
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an
employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be
part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing
world class service to our members, employees, and our communities.
We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate
and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our
mission and help our members "do better." Joining PenFed is more
than being an employee; it's about being a part of the PenFed
PenFed is hiring a Manager, Operations Business Applications at our
Eugene, Oregon; Alexandria, Virginia; San Antonio, Texas or Omaha,
Nebraska location. The primary purpose of this position is to build
and lead a team of Salesforce Administrators in the development,
delivery and support of innovative technical solutions and
practices that advance enterprise and business objectives and
standards aligned with PenFed strategy. The Business Application
Manager, along with the leadership within Operational Strategy and
Technology Integration, will support the PenFed employee userbase
on the Salesforce platform via this team of Administrators. The
incumbent will promote the engagement and professional development
of employees within assigned responsibility areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position
will perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for stated objectives, goals, and performance
standards for assigned unit and ensuring that goals are met and/or
- Oversee the assigned tasks and employees to include, but not
limited to, recruitment, scheduling, task completion, inbound call
optimization, performance evaluations, and provide guidance on
highly complex issues.
- Responsible for management of team to ensure all internal
standards are met in a compliant manner in accordance with
applicable regulations, guidance, and established standard levels
- Drive the strategy of the unit and ensure corporate strategic
initiatives are supported, and that processes are aligned with
division targets in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages configuration/certification of approved platform
changes, ensuring configurations done by administrators are routed
through proper approval and do not pose any risk or threat to the
- Reviews knowledgebase documentation for accuracy/clarity,
allowing team to publish FAQ, Known Issue, Steps to Reproduce,
Troubleshooting and Best Practices content regarding PenFed's
- Works closely with IT App Management in triaging reported
issues, escalating customer-facing issues, and providing support as
- Monitors production outputs to ensure SLAs and other quality
metrics are met, documenting, and presenting performance
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support
all work initiatives within the Salesforce Support Team.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive
feedback, documenting performance and delivering performance
- Communicates department progress, risks, wins, and challenges
to the leadership team and invested stakeholders for awareness and
- Monitor and troubleshoot technology and process issues,
escalating any issues impacting stakeholders that may occur to
avoid member service disruption.
- Engage with product owners and other business units to identify
and resolve systemic and member related issues.
- Keep informed of new ideas and developments through
publications, membership in professional organizations and contact
with other financial institutions.
- Review competitive market practices and provide recommendations
to Senior Leadership concerning adjustments to programs in related
Equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, advanced degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years' progressively responsible work
experience within Operations and/or IT Management.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory / Assistant Manager
- Experience in influencing, motivating, and mobilizing mid to
large teams and business partners.
- Excellent understanding of project management, including
methodologies and best practices.
- Strong experience in coaching, developing, and leading a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an
ability to review complex issues and make sound decisions, is
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high
- Strong Technical Background preferred, specifically in
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Salesforce Certification: Administrator (preferred)
- Salesforce Certification: Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce Certification: Platform App Builder (preferred)
- Salesforce Certification: Service Cloud Consultant
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate
noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call will be
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to
help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world.
In light of the current situation with COVID-19, we have modified
our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order
to comply with applicable current local and state guidance.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country's strongest
and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members
and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states
and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and
Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal
Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web,
seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package
including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of
paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities
at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies
which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation
against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation,
the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical
condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all
statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all
recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position
classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions,
transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and
conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation
against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or
harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the
essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat
to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat
cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the
accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human
resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at
Keywords: PenFed Credit Union, Alexandria , (Remote) Business Applications Manager - Alexandria Virginia, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!