Director, Business Development
Company: Asta - American Society Of Travel Advisors
Posted on: January 16, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:ASTA is looking for a Director to join our
growing Business Development team. This role is responsible for
managing ASTAs Supplier Partner sales pipeline and Proud Partner
Program.The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, have strong
relationship building skills and sales experience. This role will
manage and sell to a pipeline of new accounts, contributing to
ASTAs overall revenue goal.This unique position requires an equally
unique personality, one who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a
sense of ownership while also maintaining ateam player attitude.
This person should be curious, a self-starter, have a positive
outlook and pay strong attention to relationships.
- Manage the Business Development Sales Pipeline to reach
association revenue goal ($7.5 million annually).
- Build and maintain strong relationships with ASTAs Proud
Partners to ensure continuity of business.
- Manage ASTAs Proud Partner Committee Program and work with its
Co-Chairs to ensure and engaged Partnership community. This role
serves as staff liaison for this committee and organizes its annual
meetings with the events team.
- Manage Fulfillment Coordinator to ensure sales agreements are
being executed effectively.
- Communicate effectively with Exhibits Coordinator to ensure
maximum revenue is achieved at annual trade
shows.EXPECTATIONS:Understand and articulate ASTAs mission and
value proposition while keeping up-to-date on important industry
and ASTA happenings to successfully sell ASTA supplier membership
and sponsorship opportunities.Keep supplier members engaged in ASTA
events and programs through relationship building.Through
consultative conversations, guide Supplier members and prospective
members to the ASTA marketing and sponsorship opportunities that
fit their needs.Manage a pipeline of accounts to sell to while
continuously hunting for new business.
- Youre educated: bachelors degree
- Youre experienced: 5+ years in sales
- Youre computer savvy: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Youve got skills: excellent verbal and written communication
and revenue budget experience
- Youre a people person: customer or member service experience
and management experience
- Youre a juggler: ability to manage multiple priorities and
- You are curious: always looking for an opportunity to learn,
grow and give and receive feedback
- You are a self-starter: when you see a need, you address
- You always go the extra mile: bonus skills!
- Association experience is a plus
- Proficient in Real Magnet or another HTML email program is a
- Knowledge of iMIS database system and event management programs
(such as EShow) is a plusAbout ASTA:The American Society of Travel
Advisors (ASTA) is the trade association for the travel agency
community. ASTAs mission is to promote and defend the industry
through proactive representation, shared knowledge and the
advancement of professionalism. As a membership organization, ASTAs
network of travel professionals expands beyond the agency community
and includes the companies whose products they sell.by Jobble
Keywords: Asta - American Society Of Travel Advisors, Alexandria , Director, Business Development, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!