Proposal Operations Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ARServices is seeking a full-time, highly motivated, and
experienced Proposal Operations Manager to join our team. This
important position will have a significant impact on the continued
growth of ARServices. The Proposal Operations Manager will support
the development of "all" aspects of proposals and other sales
documentation (such as RFIs, SSNs, RFQs, etc.), working closely
with management and functional experts. The Proposal Operations
Manager must understand the proposal development processes,
proposal management functions, project management approaches and
techniques and will be responsible for coordinating the development
of all proposal products.The Proposal Operation Manager will have
the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company's
proposal process in response to U.S. government and commercial
requests for proposals (RFPs) and other sales documentation. The
Proposal Operations Manager will also be responsible for
maintaining accurate proposal and sales document records and
repositories of proposal materials/components. The ability to meet
deadlines, manage multiple proposal efforts, a commitment to
teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in
this role.The ideal candidate is a self-starter with several years
of hands-on experience working all aspects of the government
proposals, including RFI/SSNs, looking for an opportunity to take
her/his career to the next level and become the center point of a
proposal operations and marketing support function within a
fast-growing professional services company.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing,
editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment
and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with
other customer requirements and communications and determine final
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and
compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational
management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes.
Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new
material or working with reuse material, proof-reading, and
performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program
management staff to extract critical information necessary to
develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Develop and manage to a proposal schedule.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal
materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed,
standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in
accordance with established guidelines.
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or
similar instructions/ requirements.
- Develop and maintain a repository of "best in breed" proposal
material for reuse. Routinely update material to ensure successful
efforts are rolled in the company's proposal in the future.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with
senior management, as appropriate. Monitor and remaining current on
all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience in a
Proposal Manager or Solutions role. This includes experience and
knowledge of Government proposal process, terms, and requirements
and demonstrated experience coordinating the development of
- Independently define, schedule, and manage multiple proposal
preparation processes. The ability to understand and analyze the
details of an RFP
- Demonstrated understanding of Shipley proposal processes
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: ARServices, Alexandria , Proposal Operations Manager, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!