Director of Asset Management
Company: Wesley Housing
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Wesley Housing is a nonprofit community housing developer whose
mission is to develop, own, operate, preserve, and maintain
affordable housing and sustain quality communities for low- and
moderate-income families and individuals across the Washington,
D.C. region. The heart and soul of Wesley Housing's mission lies in
our commitment to combine affordable housing with family programs
and supportive services to foster positive development and
self-sufficiency for all adults, children, and families. Wesley
Housing's headquarters are located in Alexandria, VA (Fairfax
County). Our apartment communities are located throughout the
Washington, D.C. metro region.
For more information, visit the website at
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Asset
Management will build and oversee the departmental infrastructure
for efficient oversight of a growing and complex portfolio, manage
the performance of the overall portfolio of multi- family housing,
regularly inform Senior Leadership of important sources of risk and
opportunity as well as strategies for mitigation and capitalization
and ensure ongoing compliance and financial stability of the
portfolio. The current portfolio consists of 23 stabilized
properties (1,652 units), 8 properties under development/rehab with
delivery dates in 2022 - 2023 (484 units) and a development
pipeline with another 3 properties (345 units) following closely
behind. The Director of Asset Management will supervise one senior
- Bachelor's degree in related field (real estate, public policy,
urban planning, architecture, business or finance) preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of demonstrated experience in
successful affordable housing development, finance, construction,
asset management, or property management.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local affordable housing
programs and rules and regulations.
- Experience with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
program and knowledge of HUD programs is required.
- Industry relevant certification/License etc. preferred.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Strong financial analysis, organizational, oral and written
communication, and negotiating skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to navigate the demands
of both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to
adjust to the audience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks effectively,
and work autonomously.
- Innovative thinker and a creative problem solver who identifies
and resolves issues before they escalate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail.
- Supervisory experience.
Keywords: Wesley Housing, Alexandria , Director of Asset Management, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!