Full-Time Director of Music & Liturgy
Company: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job DescriptionThe Church of St. Mary, Alexandria, MN, is
seeking a Director of Music & Liturgy.St. Mary's, located in
Alexandria, MN, is one of the largest parishes in the St. Cloud
Diocese with 2100 families and a K-6 school of 240 students.
Alexandria is a growing & vibrant community located in the heart of
Minnesota's Lakes Area.St. Mary's strives to live a Stewardship Way
of Life which also means we strive to offer a competitive
compensation package to our employees.The primary responsibility of
the Director of Music & Liturgy is to provide professional
leadership in music and liturgy for the parish community.Job
1. Play, conduct, and/or accompany at rehearsals, services,
liturgies, and other events, as necessary.
2. Prepare for rehearsals, services, liturgies, and other events by
selecting, preparing, and arranging music, studying and preparing
scores, organizing choral and instrumental music, and other as
3. Oversee functions of musicians and music liturgy by recruiting,
training, and supervising Assistant Music Coordinator,
instrumentalists, ensembles, Cantors, and vocal soloists.
4. Provide leadership for Liturgy Committee liaisons to oversee
functions of liturgical ministers, including lectors, hospitality,
extraordinary ministers, servers, Children's Liturgy of the Word,
5. Oversee acquisition, organization, and maintenance of church
instruments, music library, and supplies related to music and
6. Work with Pastor to plan, coordinate, and evaluate liturgies for
weekly, seasonal, and special services.
7. Provide guidance and consultation for families for wedding and
8. Facilitate communication between church members and liturgical
and music ministries.
9. Work with Pastor and Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to
schedule and train liturgical ministers.
10. Oversee production of all worship aids and programs with due
diligence to copyright laws.
11. Serve as a resource for concerts, festivals, workshops hosted
by St. Mary's.
12. Serve as a resource to various parish ministries including,
Faith Formation, Evangelization, and grade school.
13. Work with Communications Coordinator to communicate and develop
ongoing liturgical formation by such means as writing articles for
the church bulletin and newsletter, posts for email blast, and
offering educational opportunities.
14. Participate on Staff Leadership Team.
15. Prepare, submit, and monitor an annual budget including income
and expense estimates for all areas of responsibility.
16. Maintain quality and productivity at highest levels.
17. Able to work within a team.
18. Follow safety and good housekeeping practices.
19. Perform other related duties as assigned. Job Qualifications
Education and Experience:--- Degree in music, liturgy, or related
field.--- Familiarity with history of music & liturgy in the
Church.--- Parish ministry experience.Essential Job Functions:---
Live in accordance with Catholic morals and principles.---
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.--- Good
organizational skills; time management, delegation, long-range
planning.--- Regular and consistent attendance.--- Ability to
maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor in all
situations.--- Proficiency in keyboard, vocal and conducting
skills.--- Maintain professional competence though continuing
education & faith formation.--- Ability to work well with people of
all ages. Organizational Name : The Church of St. Mary
Organizational City : Alexandria Position Contact Name : Todd
Wentworth Position Contact Title : Parish Business Administrator
Position Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Position
Contact Phone : 320.763.5781 x201 Deadline : Position will remain
open until filled. Benefits : Included Experience : Required Salary
/ Range : Competitive and commensurate Setting : Rural Number of
Parish Households : 2,001 or more How to Apply Send resume and
cover letter to Todd Wentworth, Parish Business Administrator, at
email@example.com General inquires may be sent prior
to application.Position will remain open until filled. Job expires
in 28 days. 89 total views, 22 today
Keywords: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Alexandria , Full-Time Director of Music & Liturgy, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!