Director, Strategic Partnerships
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Career Opportunities - Director, Strategic Partnerships in
Manassas, Virginia - Careers at ATCC CORP OFFICE Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Director, Strategic
Partnerships Job Locations US-VA-Manassas Job ID 2021-2667
Department iHUB & HGT Posted Date 1/28/2021 Overview The Director,
Strategic Partnerships oversees the evaluation and execution of
strategic partnerships that advance global scientific innovation
aligned with the organization's non-profit mission and strategic
plan, with an emphasis on global health and life science research.
They focus on building and growing business partnerships across
academia and industry that amplify the impact of biological content
both physical and digital. They evaluate the viability of outside
business partners, alliances, and resources to support the
development and implementation of strategic initiatives. The
Director, Strategic Partnerships creates and maintains an external
network and continuously monitors the competitive landscape to
ensure the organization stays informed and makes strategic
decisions. The individual will play a critical role in all aspects
of strategic partnering, prioritization of opportunities,
transacting and implementing collaborations, partner engagement,
and establishing strong cross-functional ties to other groups
across the organization. They work on complex issues where analysis
of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the
- Lead the strategic partnership process and reporting, that
achieve both organizational objectives and provide a high-quality
experience to our partners. Direct and control the strategic
partnership function, coordinating the organization's strategy and
tactics for business growth, planning, and technology usage.
- Work closely with partners and cross-functional internal
colleagues to structure collaborative milestones, manage
responsibilities, and ensure partnership objectives are
- Keep up to date on industry changes/trends to help identify
partnership opportunities. Conduct market research and study
emerging trends to build the organization's knowledge of the
competitive landscape resulting in more informed business
development and partnership decision making.
- Create business plans. Generate and build financial models with
scenario planning to drive joint decision-making with Senior
- Present analyses and proposals that ensure partnership
opportunities align with broader organizational objectives and
strategy. Direct development of methods, techniques and evaluation
criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Develop and negotiate terms and contracts with potential
partners. Work collectively with staff to perform due diligence on
prospective business opportunities.
- Facilitate and review drafting of agreements as needed with
legal counsel and licensing, including term sheets and
- Coordinate and perform due diligence. Create and maintain an
external network and business development pipeline.
- Manage an active dashboard, set metrics, goals, and develop
standard templates for evaluating and reporting of existing
partnerships and new partnership opportunities. Conduct financial
analysis and risk management assessments.
- Proactively resolve issues and mitigate risks arising from
contractual complications or partner differences. Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 12 or more years' experience, including 6
or more years' supervisory experience or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of strategic partnerships, business or corporate
development, tech transfer, and/or alliance management experience
involving direct interactions with external partners in the
- Advanced degree in a life science discipline and an MBA.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical/diagnostics industry or
- Knowledge of and experience in working with basic and/or
discovery research teams. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong track record of defining, negotiating, and closing
partnership agreements, particularly related to the area of life
- Solid reputation and broad network within various life science
industry sectors, and experience building collaborative
relationships across companies.
- Technical background in the uses of biological materials (e.g.
cells, microbes, virus, fungi) and bioinformation in emerging
fields of life science research and development.
- Experienced in producing clear, concise executive level
presentations and reporting.
- Desire to serve as a positive change agent within the
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability
to make sound business judgments.
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative; strong
interpersonal and problem-solving skills; able to work
collaboratively with all levels of staff to resolve problems and
external partners to maximize performance, creativity, problem
solving and results.
- Attentive to detail with a high level of accuracy; exercise
sound judgment and strong project management skills.
- Resourceful, diplomatic and professional; deliver outstanding
customer service while managing relationships
- Adaptable; be able to shift priorities and focus as
departmental and/or business demands change. Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned. Founded in 1925, ATCC is a
non-profit organization with a mission to acquire, authenticate,
preserve, develop, standardize, and distribute biological materials
and information for the advancement and application of scientific
knowledge. ATCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Alexandria , Director, Strategic Partnerships, Executive , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!