VP Integrated Supply Chain Operations
Posted on: February 24, 2021
- Vice President Integrated Supply Chain Operations is an
executive position responsible the cost effective operation and
management of the Vectrus enterprise-wide supply chain functions
including Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Supplier Performance,
Subcontractor Administration, Business Development support,
Materials Management, Transportation and Freight management,
Distribution and Warehouse management, Asset management and Product
Catalog management. The position requires major participation and
contribution to achieve:
- The corporation's financial and operational goals and
- Revenue growth and profitability targets
- Risk mitigation and ethical adherence to regulatory and
compliance reporting requirements
- Development, growth and promotion of company personnel
- Promotion and adherence to the corporation's stated values,
mission, and strategic intent.
- The position has overall responsibility for leading, directing,
managing and controlling the diverse business operation's functions
of the following:
- Development and execution of the World-wide Supply Chain
Operations strategy with over $ 700 million in annual supply chain
- Global Supply Chain purchasing and sourcing for the US, Europe,
Middle East, Asia and Pacific regions.
- Enterprise -wide Materials Management, inventory control,
transportation and freight, distribution and warehouse
- Supplier and Subcontractor selection, relationship management,
contract approval and management, and contract closeouts.
- Development and implementation of supply chain services for the
government and subcontractors to increase revenue and achieve
higher operating profit margins.
- Uninterrupted supply chain execution to supply Programs and
customers with product, goods and services as required, at the
least total landed cost.
- With the executives and key managers of the functions reporting
to the position, develop and implement key strategies that define
the vision and performance requirements needed to be proactive and
responsive to the changing business and market needs.
- Drive continuous improvement and systemic cost improvements and
efficiencies throughout the supply chain function and promote a
continuous improvement culture.
- Lead and manage all subcontract management activities including
option year contract negotiations ensuring all subcontracts are
complete, properly executed and in compliance with government
- Provide guidance, direction, leadership and support to the
direct reports and assist with the resolution of issues and the
removal of barriers that impede successful performance
- Manage and maintain the budget performance and operational
effectiveness of the reporting functions, review monthly
performance and work with direct reports to improve performance,
develop performance improvement remedies and resolve operating
issues and cost variances.
- Provide development and growth of direct reports through
performance reviews and feedback, new career challenges, promotions
and education opportunities, and foster a culture of personnel
development within the functions reporting to it.
- Ensure all personnel reporting in the functions are treated
with respect, embrace the diversity of individuals within the
functions, work in unison in a team environment and understand and
support the corporation's vision, mission, values, goals and
- Identify and assess operational business risks that may become
present within the reporting functions and assist key managers with
development and implementation of solutions
- Ensure regulatory and government compliance and quality
requirements are achieved throughout the reporting functions and
work with key managers to improve deficiencies when they
- Ensure the direct reporting functions will proactively support
the growth of the corporation and maintain their functional
right-size to meet growth and respond accordingly to economic
- Participate and contribute to the business development effort
to provide strategies, realistic opportunities and action plans
that will reduce costs for required goods and services.
- Lead or participate in negotiations with suppliers,
subcontractors and contractors the corporation is seeking to secure
goods and services to be provided from.
- Ensure the Small Business contract requirements are being
achieved and lead efforts to meet the requirements.
- Lead the material Management function to optimize
transportation and freight costs and delivery responsiveness,
establish inventory targets and investment requirements, inventory
accuracy, planning and forecasting for inventory requirements.
- Ensure the physical assets of government owned property are
accurately accounted for and the MMAS is followed.
- Lead the Strategic Sourcing function and assist with supplier
selections and establishing corporate agreements and developing and
maintaining key supplier relationships.
- Develop and implement succession planning and personnel
development requirements for key management and staff within the
reporting functions, to expand their capabilities for advancement
and promotion within the corporation.
- The Vice President Integrated Supply Chain Operations will have
an undergraduate degree from a reputable University with a BS in
Business Management or Operation, Industrial Management, Supply
Chain Management, Engineering, Technology or Science based
- A master's degree or an MBA from a reputable University is an
- The position of Vice President Integrated Supply Chain
Operations requires international experience working at the
executive level in a mid-size corporation or division, with an
extensive base of Commercial-Defense industry experience, expertise
and credentials providing goods and services to customers.
- The position requires 20-25 years relevant industry experience
with extensive experience and breadth of knowledge in the
- Managing a world-wide supply chain operation to support
government contracts for goods and services
- Relentless focus on supply chain cost improvements and
opportunities to improve profitability and reduce Program costs for
goods and services
- Leading and managing a diverse and highly skilled management
group of direct reports to achieve the corporation's strategy,
recognize opportunities for improvement and further strengthen the
Vectrus supply chain as competitive advantage
- Further develop and enhance the Small Business use of suppliers
and contractors to meet Program contract requirements
- Business Development in a DOD environment and strategic and
operational support of the business development efforts
- Oral and written communications and presentation skills,
boardroom level executive presence and ability to effectively
communicate with external constituents.
- In addition, the position requires demonstrated results, skills
and experience in managing multifaceted operational functions with
diversity in personnel, managing a budget and operational costs,
providing strategic thinking and strategy development, working in
collaboration with executives to achieve corporate goals and
objectives, and the flexibility and adaptability to meet the
changing demands of the customers, Programs, industry and the
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, AD&D, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, and other ancillary plans.
- Time Off
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Bereavement, and Jury Duty
Disabled/Veterans We are committed to an inclusive and diverse
workplace that values and supports the contributions of each
individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values
of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage
differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the
global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.
Keywords: Vectrus, Alexandria , VP Integrated Supply Chain Operations, Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!