Director of Compensation and Benefits (For immediate hire)
Company: Alexandria City Public Schools
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Job Description: The Director of Compensation and Benefits
manages and administers all compensation and benefits programs for
the school division. The Director aligns the compensation and
benefits programs to support total compensation and the division
five-year strategic plan. The Director supervises four staff to
research, analyze, recommend, develop, and implement approved
programs. Within the HR Department, the Director collaborates with
the Office of Recruitment and Retention and Office of Employee
Engagement and Relations.The position reports to the Executive
Director of Human Resources. Qualifications: Education: Bachelor's
degree is required. Master's preferred. Course work in business
administration or related field is preferred. Appropriate level of
work experience may be substituted for educational
requirements.Certificates & Licenses: Certified Compensation
Professional (CCP) or Certified Employment Benefit Specialist
(CEBS) or equivalent preferredExperience: Five years of experience
in employee compensation and/or benefit administration required.
Supervisorial and/or management experience in compensation and
benefits administration preferred. K-12 school experience
- Ensure the accurate, timely, and appropriate administration of
compensation and benefit plans for the employees of ACPS.
- Ensure a positive and pro-active customer-service focus in the
daily operations of the Compensation and Benefits Office. Provide
information briefings, classes and employee assistance as
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal policies,
laws, and regulations pertaining to ACPS compensation and benefits
plans and policies.
- Manage communication regarding compensation and benefits
programs, policies and procedures to inform division employees
about the content and the value of programs being provided.
Maintain benefits webpage ( ) and compensation and salaries webpage
- Assess the needs, prioritize tasks, and assign work to direct
reports to work on various issues related to compensation and
- In collaboration with the Department of Finance and Department
of Information Technology, ensure the accurate and efficient
management, maintenance and operation of the compensation and
benefits portions of human resources information system (HRIS)
including but not limited to audit, data security, and review of
access to confidential information.
- Ensure the accuracy of systems data to support the work of
other departments, including but not limited to the preparation of
compensation and benefits projections for division operating budget
- Procure vendor support to administer benefits programs. Ensure
the accuracy of payments of all benefit invoices from outside
vendors. Conduct cyclical review of service contracts and issue
RFPs to solicit vendors who follow industry best practices,
maintain current research, and provide optimal cost-effectiveness,
high-efficiency and modern customer service.
- Serve as secretary for the division Investment Advisory Board
(IAB) for the division supplemental retirement plan.
- Provide interpretation of ACPS philosophy, policy and
principles related to compensation and benefits.
- Review and recommend improvements in ACPS compensation and
benefit systems, procedures and practices to enhance the efficiency
of operations or provide better customer service.
- In collaboration with the Department of Finance, recommend for
executive staff review and Board approval the appropriate levels of
annual benefits premiums based on costs, funding, and
organizational philosophy on an annual basis.
- Ensure that all Compensation and Benefits staff are focused on
continuous improvement, including but not limited to identifying
improvements in processes, customer service, efficiency and benefit
offerings that will benefit the division.
- Oversee regular reviews of all compensation and benefits
programs for compliance and competitiveness. Seek approval through
the appropriate process for items outside of the budget scope and
for significant changes to existing compensation and benefits
programs, policies and principles.
- Participate in department and division planning processes as
the head of the compensation and benefits office, develop
recommended benchmarks for the office, and monitor office
performance on approved benchmarks.
- Develop and manage the compensation and salary scales on an
annual basis. Participate in the position classification and salary
- Attend board meetings and staff meetings as needed.
- Develop and implement special projects or other duties as
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test. WPPrimary Location: Central Office
Salary Range: $98,731.20 - $152,828.40 / Administrator SAS-12 Shift
Keywords: Alexandria City Public Schools, Alexandria , Director of Compensation and Benefits (For immediate hire), Executive , Alexandria, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!