Maintenance Technician - Manassas, VA
Company: The Caton Companies
Posted on: March 19, 2023
$2,000 HIRING BONUS
Management Services Corporation (MSC) is a leading property management firm with properties throughout Virginia, and one of the Caton Companies. We are seeking a Maintenance Technician for our Westgate Apartments and Townhomes property in Manassas. The work of The Caton Companies is work that matters to our communities and to society. At MSC, we take our jobs seriously and work hard, but we like to have fun in the process.
A Maintenance Technician is one of those unsung heroes-someone that swoops down and saves the day by getting the refrigerator working again, repairing the broken bath faucet, or fixing the mess left by a rowdy tenant. We're not gonna sugarcoat it...sometimes it gets messy, but the reward is always sweet knowing that sweet little Susie will have hot water for her bath and cold milk for her cereal.
Our next qualified and experienced Maintenance Technician can expect to make $25.00 per hour or more, based on experience.
The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance skills in the trades of HVAC, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, drywall, and carpentry in a professional manner with 100% resident and supervisor satisfaction for the apartment property.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Performance of general maintenance skills as assigned.
- Completion of required paperwork daily.
- Communication with all relevant supervisors.
- Phone use and public relations.
- Use of private vehicle.
- Use of own tools necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with an hour provided for lunch, hours may vary dictated by the workload. Weekend hours possible as weather demands. Rotating on-call shifts are required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or possess equivalency.
- At least three years of prior apartment maintenance staff experience is required, or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to obtain a CFC card or HVAC training.
--- Competitive Compensation Package
--- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
--- FSA Program
--- 401K Program with 4% company match
--- 8 Paid Holidays plus personal floating holiday
--- 120 hours of accrued Paid time Off (PTO) the first year
Why you should apply:
Excellent working environment
Working for a Company that cares about your success
Working for a growing company
Employment is conditional on satisfactorily completing all pre-employment requirements including background and drug screen. Starting salary depends upon prior work skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
$2,000 HIRING BONUS
Keywords: The Caton Companies, Alexandria , Maintenance Technician - Manassas, VA, Engineering , Manassas, Virginia
here to apply!