Cloud Network Engineer - Top Secret - ONSITE
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens
with active ACTIVE TOP SECRET clearance - a requirement on its sub
contract with work share on a Project with a Major Prime) for the
following position for a federal agency.
Job Title: Cloud Network Engineer - an Active Top SECRET
Compensation: Negotiable with standard benefits based on
experience, education, degree and certifications
Location: Quantico, VA (a federal intel agency)
- Demonstrate professional competence in the principles and
practices of Cloud and Network architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (network, compute, storage)
and service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Understanding and experience with cloud native/12-factor
application architecture and microservices.
- Ability to investigate and provide technical options to
managers and researchers for selecting effective networking
solutions based on requirements.
- Experience and ability to manage, and/or support engineering
projects related to network infrastructure in the cloud.
- Design and implement scalable, Highly-Available (HA),
Fault-Tolerant (FT), and secure networking solutions.
- Knowledge and experience implementing best practice cloud
- Good knowledge and understanding of federal cloud policy,
regulations, and implementations (e.g. FedRAMP, FITARA, NIST, OMB,
- Able to produce high-quality technical documentation.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning, presentation,
and relationship building skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality
work Desired Skills:
- Experience with IT Operations and Engineering.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience AWS Services for
networking, such as; VPC, subnets, route tables, gateways, VPC
Endpoints, Load Balancers, Transit Gateway, VPN, Direct Connect,
Route 53, Security Groups, NACLs, and firewall services.
- Fluency in core AWS features (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS) and general
familiarity with a wide variety of AWS native services.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience for networking, such
as; VPC, subnets, Routes, Load Balancers, Cloud Router, VPN,
Interconnect, Firewall, Cloud NAT, Cloud DNS..
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, and scripting cloud
deployments and changes using products such CloudFormation,
- Experience in automation using various tools including Shell,
Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo,
- Experience migrating systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based
- Experience with troubleshooting in networking to include
routing, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies,
firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Experience with best practices in securing networks, as well as
data and applications.
- Knowledge and experience of the AWS Well Architected
- Knowledge of containerization/ECS/EKS/Kubernetes.
- Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party enterprise
solutions into cloud network infrastructure in multicloud / hybrid
cloud environments. Our standard benefits : include 3 weeks of Paid
time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be
issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us.
we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and
holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee.
In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances
only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added
at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes
effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee
completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's
health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your
paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your
employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary
equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees.
All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be
eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of
employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting. In
addition, all w-2 employees are eligible to be part of company's
profit sharing, no employee contributions required. NO commuting
and/or parking expenses are provided to work in Washington, DC
Keywords: Visualsoft, Alexandria , Cloud Network Engineer - Top Secret - ONSITE, Engineering , Quantico, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...