Materials Parts & Processes Engineer 4
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
PDS Tech is seeking an experienced MP&P Engineer 4 in
Manassas, VA. Option for remote but needs to start onsite 1 week
per month Description:
- Defines requirements for materials parts and processes used in
the manufacture of products.
- Leads production of specifications and other documents to
manage the deployment of materials parts and processes.
- Maintains compliance with contractual and regulatory
- Promotes standardization across business activities.
- Evaluates emerging technologies for potential application to
- Leads development and qualification of new materials parts and
processes to meet requirements.
- Integrates new technologies as appropriate.
- Manages test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to
- Conducts complex analysis to determine reasons for failures of
materials parts or processes.
- Implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Leads design development and qualification of sophisticated
computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements.
- Works under minimal supervision. Specific Responsibilities:
- Supports ongoing prototype and production programs to find
solutions regarding composite materials and processes used to
manufacture primary and secondary airframe structures.
- Creates materials and process specifications as needed to
ensure manufacturing can produce the structures which meet
performance requirements defined by the aircraft program.
- Participates in selection of materials and processes for new
aircraft programs by leveraging lessons learned and databases from
- Coordinates with Design, Stress, Manufacturing, Procurement,
Quality and other departments as required to support materials and
processes from conception to production on aerospace programs.
- Reviews designs for the manufacture, repair and assembly of
composite components from materials, processes and testing
- Selects test methods, performs tests using load frame,
environmental chamber, controller and associated test
- Coordinates with other test engineers to support tests at all
levels of the building block.
- Creates tests plans and test reports to determine materials,
joints and component properties.
- Collaborates with Stress and Design groups to determine
material and joint allowables including test selection, performing
tests and data reduction.
- Generates allowables, design values, materials specification
limits and equivalency assessments using CMH-17 and other in-house
- Acts as a liaison with production manufacturing and testing
facilities when needed. Option for remote but needs to start onsite
1 week per month
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with materials and processes development for
structural parts and assemblies utilizing composite and metal
- Experience in testing of composite coupons, elements, joints,
sub-components and/or components.
- Experience generating allowables, specification acceptance
limits and equivalency assessments using CMH-17 methods.
- Experience with manufacturing composite parts and assemblies
including manufacturing processes, quality buyoff and manufacturing
- Experience with these programs is also desirable: CMH-17STATS,
Minitab, MTS Multipurpose TestWare, CAD programs such as CATIA V5
(Composite Part Design) and/or FiberSIM. Minimum Requirements
(education and experience):
- Preference given to individuals with aircraft/aerospace
experience, specifically experience in materials and processes,
manufacturing of composite structures, SAP or other MRP
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering from
an accredited university
- Min of 10 years work experience in the aerospace industry or
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal US Permanent Resident Alien
- Experience working with a CAD system such as CATIA, NX,
Solidworks. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on
aircraft and work in a manufacturing facility supporting all
elements of composite and metal manufacturing.
- Travel may be required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Alexandria , Materials Parts & Processes Engineer 4, Engineering , Manassas, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!